View Full Version : xbox360 and smartphones....nothing yet

encece
05-30-2006, 04:15 AM
I was hoping I could plug my Smartphone into my xbox360 and have it seen as a drive so I could play music thru it.

No luck. I even turned on the imate Serial Connection app to see if that worked. No dice.

The only thing it does is charge my phone....which ain't bad...but not what I wanted! :(

Mike Temporale
05-30-2006, 12:46 PM
It's my understanding that the OS is missing the profile needed for this to work. Or something like that. I haven't really followed this because I don't have an xBox 360. If anyone wants to give me one....

There is some sort of profile that needs to be on the device in order for the xbox 360 to control it and allow the playback of music.

Islanti
05-31-2006, 04:54 PM
I was hoping I could plug my Smartphone into my xbox360 and have it seen as a drive so I could play music thru it.Your phone is not a standard USB storage device (like a USB thumb / keychain drive), so the Xbox 360 can't see it.

If you want this functionality, it is available for WM5 through a freeware utility named (appropriately enough)WM5Storage (http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=dscript&CODE=showdetails&f_id=1702). Note it's USB v1.1 only. That's fine for streaming music, but limited for copying video clips to/from the phone.

I don't use this myself, mainly because you can't run any programs from the storage card while using this utility. That means no home screens or always-running apps (Facade, AutoKeylock, etc.) can be run from Storage Card. The tradeoff isn't worth it to me, but you may have a different opinion. :)

encece
05-31-2006, 05:27 PM
I was hoping I could plug my Smartphone into my xbox360 and have it seen as a drive so I could play music thru it.Your phone is not a standard USB storage device (like a USB thumb / keychain drive), so the Xbox 360 can't see it.

If you want this functionality, it is available for WM5 through a freeware utility named (appropriately enough)WM5Storage (http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=dscript&CODE=showdetails&f_id=1702). Note it's USB v1.1 only. That's fine for streaming music, but limited for copying video clips to/from the phone.

I don't use this myself, mainly because you can't run any programs from the storage card while using this utility. That means no home screens or always-running apps (Facade, AutoKeylock, etc.) can be run from Storage Card. The tradeoff isn't worth it to me, but you may have a different opinion. :)

saw that app and agree with you. not worth it.

ditch_azeroth
06-02-2006, 07:14 AM
@encece, im sure wm5storage fills the bill. i use wm5storage all the time. i dont sync via wmp for the reason that i dont like the wmp10 on my phone. i use TCPMP instead for media files. facade, autokeylock and similar 'runny' apps, i dont use. i'd like to keep my ram free as much as possible. i'd rather keep things as simple as possible: a great background image and the default homescreen (with the wifi indicator) is fine, at least for me. i just wish they come out with an 8GB miniSD card sooner (since there are 8GB SD cards around recently).

oh well, to each his own ^_^

encece
06-04-2006, 01:49 AM
I install waaaaay too much software for that to be a viable solution for me.