View Full Version : What Your Cell Phone Says About You

Kris Kumar
05-26-2006, 03:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.textually.org/textually/archives/2006/05/012444.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.textually.org/textually/archives/2006/05/012444.htm</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Always entertaining, what-your-cell-phone-says-about-you studies... This one is from Dawn Bratton, a communications consultant for Verizon Wireless who's job is to keep track of wireless trends. Written up in Macon Telegraph, the following excerpts pertain to cell phone model types. There's more on ringtone choices, music playing phone charms, gaming and cameraphones. If you have a flip phone: You like being in control and you are worried about accidentally calling someone. You don't want to make accidental calls. If you have a candy bar style phone: You're the old-fashioned type. Simplicity is your style. You don't need to spend money. <b>If you have a pink RAZR phone:</b> You have a strong sense of style. You're a trendsetter and you don't mind being center of attention. You have flair."</i><br /><br />I didn't know that my cell phone reflects my personality. :o So what does it mean to have a Smartphone?

Rocco Augusto
05-26-2006, 06:13 PM
trust me on this one. just because she has a pink phone doesn't mean she is a trend setter. i sell them to non trend setters all day. ;)

the truth is this. its pink. no one ever sees a pink phone. it sells itself

Janak Parekh
05-26-2006, 10:50 PM
So what does it mean to have a Smartphone?
Very simple: you're a hopeless, albeit practical, geek.

(Don't worry, my Treo is just about as geeky as your Smartphone, and it looks geekier to boot. ;))

--janak

Sven Johannsen
05-27-2006, 03:14 AM
If you have a candy bar style phone: You're the old-fashioned type. Simplicity is your style. You don't need to spend money.
Dawn needs to get out more. Guess she isn't aware that one of the most technologically advanced phones around, with 3 forms of wireless comm, more internal memory than it took to get to the moon and back, as well as 2 G of storage, beyond the myriad of applications to which it can be used including multimedia, navigation, productivity, etc, is a candybar.

sojourner753
05-28-2006, 12:57 AM
This to me sounds like so much pop culture dribble. She's not really doing any work, just making stuff up that pop culture junkies will believe.

He comments about candy-bar versus clamshell phones just shows that she's not doing any market research.

She really sounds like she used to work on an astrology hotline.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Kris Kumar
05-28-2006, 03:39 AM

:rotfl:

Phoenix
05-30-2006, 11:35 AM
This to me sounds like so much pop culture dribble. She's not really doing any work, just making stuff up that pop culture junkies will believe.

That, and the gullible, out-of-touch suits she reports to.

The comments about candy-bar versus clamshell phones just shows that she's not doing any market research.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: No kidding. I don't know where these people get this drivel. Their instincts are ridiculous because they completely lack info in regard to which handsets are actually available in the marketplace and being sold in their own country and around the world.

- Simple and sophisticated mobiles come in both clamshell and candybar styles.

- I own a candybar-style mobile, and when I use it, I'm always concerned about accidentally calling someone, hence my use of the automatic keypad lock feature.

- I own two mobiles, and the candybar-style mobile I use from time to time in no way suggests that I like things simple. I'm a power user and I love sophistication and features, which is why I also own a Pocket PC phone.

- I'd love to own a phone of a different color (when I actually find a color I like (pink isn't gonna cut it)). But I don't consider myself a trend setter. I just like my gear to look good. Style is important to me.

Put that into your equation, Dawn.