View Full Version : virus on my phone HARD START??

jezbee
05-24-2006, 09:26 AM
:oops: hi can anyone help me!!!!!!!!! i have a uk windows smartphone spv 500 which i have stupidly downloaded a game from the internet, which i think was carrying a virus. the virus has basicly disabled the phone , i can turn it on but if i try to accesss for example messages it goes to the game, call history goes to the game and so on and so on. it will not sync with my pc and is shagged. removing the battery, flash card etc still does not help.
does any one know of a code or how to hard start otherwise its scrap cheers guys

Rocco Augusto
05-24-2006, 09:37 AM
:oops: hi can anyone help me!!!!!!!!! i have a uk windows smartphone spv 500 which i have stupidly downloaded a game from the internet, which i think was carrying a virus. the virus has basicly disabled the phone , i can turn it on but if i try to accesss for example messages it goes to the game, call history goes to the game and so on and so on. it will not sync with my pc and is shagged. removing the battery, flash card etc still does not help.
does any one know of a code or how to hard start otherwise its scrap cheers guys

what game was it? was the game designed for WM2003(SE) and not WM5? it could something as simple as you installed a game that wasnt compatible with your phone and it messed up the registry.

do you preform backups? if you do i would suggest backing up the phone to a point before you installed the game. can you get into the settings menu? if you can you might want to try uninstalling it through the "remove program" menu.

let me know if any of these options help you out. also if possible, include the download link or site url from where you got the game. i can install it on my test phone to see if i can duplicate the problem and possibly help you fix it!

jezbee
05-24-2006, 09:51 AM
hi thanks for replying,the game was for wm2003 as far as i know, the game was a pac man clone (SPVman) from msmobiles.com then a link. i also bluetoothed to my mates pocket pc which caused him problems but he could hard start. cannot get into settings menu to remove or file manager !!!

ditch_azeroth
05-24-2006, 10:21 AM
weird... ive played that game on my phone without problems... the only thing i can think of is that something went wrong when you tried opening the .exe file for the first time, or misassociated it for another program, or had a problem with the .lnk files.

anyway, just hard reset your phone. easiest solution available. the latter choice is... well... confusing... ^_^

jezbee
05-24-2006, 10:53 AM
weird... ive played that game on my phone without problems... the only thing i can think of is that something went wrong when you tried opening the .exe file for the first time, or misassociated it for another program, or had a problem with the .lnk files.

anyway, just hard reset your phone. easiest solution available. the latter choice is... well... confusing... ^_^
how do i hard start the phone? and i may well of misassociated with another program, if you know of any way of hard starting or resetting please let me know thanks buddy

Mike Temporale
05-24-2006, 12:49 PM
The C500 is the same as the Audiovox SMT5600, so these instructions should work for you.

http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7119

If you can boot and use the Start Menu, I would suggest using the provided application. Otherwise you'll have to do it the hard way.

jezbee
05-24-2006, 02:38 PM
The C500 is the same as the Audiovox SMT5600, so these instructions should work for you.

http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7119

If you can boot and use the Start Menu, I would suggest using the provided application. Otherwise you'll have to do it the hard way.
:D :D :D thanks very much worked a treat...well done to all of you for helping out if you are ever in england will buy you a pint!!! cheers

Mike Temporale
05-24-2006, 02:45 PM
:D :D :D thanks very much worked a treat...well done to all of you for helping out if you are ever in england will buy you a pint!!! cheers

Woohoo! I've been waiting for a reason to go over there. ;) Seriously though, my wife has been trying to get us on a vacation over there since we first met. I have a feeling that I can't put it off much longer. 8)

Jerry Raia
05-25-2006, 03:14 AM
ok I didn't help on this one but I'm up for the pint. :mrgreen: