View Full Version : Really Screwedup - lost some files.

dh
05-07-2006, 10:15 PM
I can't believe this happened. First I never use the camera on my SP5 because it really isn't very good.

Anyway, today I needed a couple of quick pictures of one of my wedding couples and didn't have a camera with me. So I whip out the SP and take a couple of snaps. Look OK on the screen.

So, back home I hook up to Active Sync and explore to where the photos are. I then drag the ones I want to the desktop. Bad news is, it wasn't the desktop. I had a webpage open that was the same colour so I dragged to files to a Firefox window.

Now I can't find them either on the phone or the PC, they have just vanished. I'm totally annoyed because I was going to email the files to myself but thought AS would be quicker.

Anyone have any ideas if these files still exist and where they might be?

Thanks
david

encece
05-08-2006, 01:27 AM
Odd they are not still on the phone (or SD card). Did you look in your temporary internet files on your pc...if they indeed opened up in the firefox window?

Kris Kumar
05-08-2006, 01:47 AM
What about the history in the Firefox browser?

I am still surprised that the files vanished. It should be on the phone still. :? Dragging should not "move" the files, unless it was done using the right click and drag option.

Jerry Raia
05-08-2006, 05:16 PM
I just tried to do the same thing. Firefox merely displayed the picture and left it where it was originally.

dh
05-09-2006, 12:19 AM
Thanks guys, but no luck so far. Searching on the PC, phone and temp internet files finds nothing. If I try the same thing it happens every time, the files just go into space.

david