View Full Version : buy with service plan locked, then unlock with no service plan?

dandiep
05-05-2006, 03:25 AM
I'm wondering - there are many sites that show how to unlock the Cingular 2125 phone. Is it possible to buy the phone at the reduced rate (i.e $200 at Amazon) and say you're signing up for a service plan, then not actually follow through on the service plan and unlock the phone? I have an existing Cingular account, but I would rather not renew it for 2 years, as I'm only 6 months in to my 2 year contract.

Any other ideas on the best way to get a cheap cingular 2125 with no service plan?

Mike Temporale
05-05-2006, 04:19 AM
I don't think that would work. You have to sign up when you buy the phone from Amazon. The only cheap option is eBay.

AdamaDBrown
05-05-2006, 11:31 PM
I'm wondering - there are many sites that show how to unlock the Cingular 2125 phone. Is it possible to buy the phone at the reduced rate (i.e $200 at Amazon) and say you're signing up for a service plan, then not actually follow through on the service plan and unlock the phone?

No. Usually those cheap prices are accomplished via rebates, and are only valid if you perform a new activation and maintain the account for six months.