View Full Version : Active Sync defects?

TR3B0R
05-04-2006, 04:46 PM
I have just 'upgraded' from V 3.7.1 Build 4034 for use with an SPV C500 to V 4.0.0 build 4358 for use with an SPV C600. It isn't an improvement.

The new version doesn't give the same control as the older one when syncing with Outlook. eg. can't filter on categories; can't leave conflicts unresolved; can't specify number of weeks for syncing future diary events.

I need to filter on Outlook cagtegory - anyone got any suggestions? Is there any way of doing this?

Mike Temporale
05-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Most, if not all of the functionality you mention was removed in version 3.8 - if I recall correctly. Version 4 was a complete re-write (that only effects WinMo5 devices) to improve overall performance.

Anyway, to answer your question, I don't think there is anyway to filter on category anymore. From what I heard, it wasn't a very popular feature. Of course, that doesn't means it isn't a good feature.

Jason Dunn
05-04-2006, 11:19 PM
v.4 is LESS functional in almost every way and was really just designed for Windows Mobile 5. If you don't need it, you don't want it. ;-)

Kris Kumar
05-05-2006, 12:40 AM
C600 is a WinMo5 based phone. So 4.x is kinda needed. I had problems when I used 3.8 with WinMo5.

I agree I am annoyed by the lack of features. :evil: I especially liked the ability sync in only one direction i.e. from the desktop to pda/phone. Treat the desktop info as golden always.

TR3B0R
05-05-2006, 09:05 AM
:D Thank you all for your prompt comments.

:D I managed for years with Nokia phones and Palm hand helds from when they first became available in this country.

:( The all-in-one-box C500 free contract phone upgrade looked like a good idea but was barely more than a beta test product. The phone was OK-ish. The operating system awful.

:x The C600 is a big disappointment. With degraded sync it's no good as a PIM - just a clever phone. Cosmetic changes only.

:evil: Not backward compatible. A Microsoft tool for selling software upgrades.

:D Bill Gates - bye bye. :D :evil: :evil:

ditch_azeroth
05-11-2006, 10:53 AM
yup, problems with synching alright... i tried copying a 80MB file and the connection was killed halfway through. as for the pim, calendars and everything else, im satisfied enough.

good thing somebody made an app that gives you the option to make your smartphone like a usb mass storage device... :lol: now, i dont have to whip out the card reader all the time ^_^