View Full Version : Move call history to Outlook journal

gai-jin
04-30-2006, 07:34 PM
I could swear I rememeber seeing an app here recently that was supposed to put all of your call history into the outlook journal when you sync. Now I can't seem to find it.

(I think I had trouble with it when I installed it, but wanted to try again after a fresh Hard reset, since my phone has been acting up anyway.)

ANyone remember the app? I can't seem to find it with a quick search.

Mike Temporale
05-01-2006, 01:50 AM
Doesn't ring any bells with me. I also did a couple searchs and I didn't find much of anything. :?

gai-jin
05-01-2006, 06:36 PM
found it. Smart Journal --

http://maniac.fschreiner.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7&Itemid=25

Going to install again and see if it works for me.

I'll keep y'all posted

Mike Temporale
05-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Wow! Maniac again? This guy's a machine! 8)

gai-jin
05-01-2006, 09:13 PM
FWIW, installed it and working great so far.

Only issue was that one of the required 3rd party files he linked to wouldn't install.. the windows installer 3. Likely because I run xp x64, but it seems to work fine w/o it.

encece
05-03-2006, 02:04 AM
That's Paul from modaco's app. I believe he released it as Open Source as well.

gai-jin
05-03-2006, 02:35 AM
As best as I could find, paul never made his WM5 compatible. That, and lack of foreign language support, is why Maniac wrote his own.

Mike Temporale
05-03-2006, 02:44 AM
That's Paul from modaco's app. I believe he released it as Open Source as well.

Maniac mentions that it was Paul's idea/app but that the original didn't work well with non-english versions of Outlook. So he re-wrote the app from scratch. An update would have been easier, but what do I know. ;)