View Full Version : HELP!!!

vlcano57
04-28-2006, 02:19 AM
Hi,
I just recieved my SMT5600 and am trying to set up my phone to sync with my outlook acount on my computer. How do I do this?
I checked "inbox" in options but it keeps giving me an error message and when I click resolve it tells me to connect my device and try again.
AND I do not have internet on my phone.

racerx
04-28-2006, 09:16 PM
Are you trying to sync over the air, or are you doing this through a direct cable connection?

</RacerX>
RichTech Blog
http://spaces.msn.com/richtech/blog/cns/

vlcano57
04-28-2006, 10:10 PM
I am trying to do this via Cable

Mike Temporale
04-29-2006, 02:42 AM
What are you using for email on the desktop?

As for internet, you have to setup a connection for your carrier. Search the forums for GPRS settings and your carrier name. I'm sure it will turn right up. :D

vlcano57
04-29-2006, 04:08 PM
I am trying to use Outlook Express.

Sven Johannsen
04-29-2006, 07:59 PM
I am trying to use Outlook Express.There's your problem. The PIM functions (Calendar, Contacts, Mail, etc) on all WM devices sync with Outlook, not Outlook Express. That's one reason the device came with a copy of Outlook.

Just so you are aware, if you are using Outlook Express to access a web based e-mail system, you won't be able to sync that to the phone, even if you do migrated to Outlook. While Outlook will connect to things like Hotmail, MSNmail, it will not sync those to a WM device. For mail it will only sync accounts that are PoP3, IMAP, or Exchange.

vlcano57
04-29-2006, 11:53 PM
I now upgraded to Outlook 2002 and am using that. now what do I do (my outlook is intergrated with AIM mail a IMAP)

Mike Temporale
04-30-2006, 01:12 AM
I now upgraded to Outlook 2002 and am using that. now what do I do (my outlook is intergrated with AIM mail a IMAP)

doesn't matter where you pull your mail from. As long as you're using Outlook. Active Sync should work just fine now.

vlcano57
04-30-2006, 07:30 PM
OK,
Now how do I get my inbox to sync with activesync(I have to inbox's.
The original one that has nothing in it and "imap.aim.com-inbox" the one that is in use that gets my mail from aim.
In active sync options it will only let me sync the original inbox that comes with outlook.
Can I get activesync to sync a different inbox
or is there a way you can get outlook to delete the standard "inbox" that is already on there? Or how do I get "imap.aim.com-inbox" to be the standard "inbox"?

Mike Temporale
05-01-2006, 01:48 AM
As far as I know, it will only sync the default inbox. And you can't make an IMAP account use the default folder.

You can create rules in Outlook and have it copy/move any email from your imap account to your default folder.

vlcano57
05-01-2006, 08:53 PM
How?

Rocco Augusto
05-02-2006, 12:44 AM
...how do I get "imap.aim.com-inbox" to be the standard "inbox"?

i dont think there is a way to. i would recommend searching google ("outlook"+"imap"+"activesync") (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=%22outlook%22%2B%22imap%22%2B%22activesync%22) or just setup a seperate new imap account on your phone for your aim mail and cut out the middleman... or set your mail up via pop3 access through outlook so it goes into the folders that do sync with outlook.

Mike Temporale
05-02-2006, 01:05 AM
How?

Tools / Rules and alerts :wink:

Mike Temporale
05-02-2006, 01:07 AM
or just setup a seperate new imap account on your phone for your aim mail and cut out the middleman... or set your mail up via pop3 access through outlook so it goes into the folders that do sync with outlook.

Well, if you don't have an unlimited data account, this option could get expensive. Just a little heads up. ;) That's how I do email, I don't waste time sync'ing it.

ditch_azeroth
05-02-2006, 07:37 AM
if you got outlook 2002 or up in your pc, your smartphone will sync with it - calendars, inbox, contacts and a few others. if you are using outlook to receive/send emails from several accounts, setup your outlook to move all emails from a specifc email address to one folder. personally, i label mine as inbox (work), inbox (gmail), inbox (hotmail), and so on - to avoid any confusion.

now we get to the 'not so tricky but often overlooked' part.

you can control which folders/emails you can sync with your smartphone using activesync. just go to options>sync options< tab. highlight 'inbox' and hit the 'settings' button on the right hand side. there, you will find all your folders and corresponding tic boxes on the side. those without tic boxes are synched automatically. the others, you will have to 'tic' (does that sound right? lol). you can even set how many lines to download to your smartphone and other options. you can do a similar customization, aside from inbox, with calendars, contacts and tasks. hope this helps ^_^