View Full Version : Help with Imate SP5/SP5m New ROM and Good

lllr
04-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Ok, I real stumper. I have been using my SP5m for awhile with the ROM build shipped. I installed my Goodlink client on the device with email service and did not run into any problems. I recently saw a post saying a new build was released with AKU2 for this device. I know I waited to reflash my device, but i went ahead and reflashed the device. Everything works perfrectly expect when I install Good back on the device. The service requires a strong password to be entered before using the Good. I am not sure how Good implemented the password screen because upon a reset, the password screen pops up but my keypad does not work! You can see where this is going... If I cannot enter my password, my device is render useless. I had to reflash it (since ActiveSync still works), in order to get it back to working condition. I then test the default MS password system before installing Good and everything worked without a hitch. I then reinstalled Good but the same issue occured.

I tried to be sneaky and install ActiveSync Remote Display on WM5 using instructions at http://www.modaco.com/lofiversion/index.php/t231820.html but the dang cerdisp2 executable requires you to answer a security question before running and since I can't use my device until it is unlocked and I can't unlock it since my keypad does not work

Does anyone either know who to turn off the security alert when running .exe on the device or know where in the registry to turn off the password security field? Or is anyone running Good on their device using the latest ROM?

lllr

Mike Temporale
04-27-2006, 01:04 PM
I don't think there is anyway to turn off the security warning.

It almost sounds like there is a problem with Good. Have you checked with them? Maybe they have an updated version that works with AKU2.