View Full Version : Problems enabling Bluetooth Headset

rebelins6
04-19-2006, 08:45 PM
I have an Audiovox SMT5600 and a Tekkeon EZTalker Mini Bluetooth Headset. I'm able to pair the two by going through the steps and entering in the code (0000). This works fine until I disable bluetooth (to conserve battery). Then it seems like the only way to pair the two again is to my devices list and select Set as Hands Free. It again asks for the Bluetooth code and several steps later my headset is again paired. It seems to me that there must be a quicker way to do this! Doesnt the phone store the code? Somebody please help because this is quite annoying to have to do this everytime i want to use my bluetooth headset!

Mike Temporale
04-20-2006, 01:51 AM
I've never had that problem. Then again, I never turn off Bluetooth. It doesn't use much battery power. Leave it one and just turn of Discover mode. I don't think you'll notice any difference in battery life. I never did. :D

jacklf
04-20-2006, 04:25 AM
this does seem odd -- i use the BT Toggle utility to turn mine off all the time, but I have a different headset device that you mentioned. (not sure about the power saving either, but some days it does seem to drain faster)

Typically, when I toggle bluetooth, within 10 seconds my phone indicates a headset profile is active. Sometimes it doesn't show up until I attempt a phone call or push to voice dial, though.

When you turn off BT, does your paired device(s) get removed from the device list? (Settings>>Bluetooth>>Bluetooth>>Menu>>(1)Devices)

rebelins6
04-20-2006, 01:54 PM
When I turn off bluetooth my headset still does display in the Devices list. I guess I will just leave Bluetooth on. Seems like my battery drains so fast these days (2 days) that I was thinking not leaving it on would help. Even still I would think that the phone could store the profile so I wouldnt have to input the code each time. Sounds like its something to do with my headset though since Jacklf's recognizes his within 10 seconds.

rebelins6
04-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Are there any after market batteries out there that are better than the stock one?

Mike Temporale
04-20-2006, 06:40 PM
Are there any after market batteries out there that are better than the stock one?

Nah, the aftermarket ones are actually less than the original one. But, man are they cheap! Check ebay, I think I picked one up for $1.99 or so.