View Full Version : pick my bluetooth headset!

Rocco Augusto
04-19-2006, 10:23 AM
so im in the market for a bluetooth headset, seems i lost my old one... me and really tiny things dont mix well. :)

so anyways, im in the market for a brand spanking new headset and i just dont want any old headset, i want the best.

so heres what i want to know SPT'ers. which headset are you using? why are you using it? whats the mic like on picking up background noise? hows it feel (mostly weight wise) and how long does it hold a charge?

my last headsets were all motorola so if anyone is using anything else id love to head from you :)

Mike Temporale
04-19-2006, 01:08 PM
I'm using a Bluespoon AX. It's a pretty good all around headset. The biggest problem I have with it, is that it's a little difficult to put in your ear. If you're driving along and the phone rings, it's not an easy task to grab the headset and put it in your ear before the call goes to voice mail.

I've been thinking of replacing it with something that would "hook" on in an easier fashion.

Rocco Augusto
04-19-2006, 06:10 PM
I'm using a Bluespoon AX. It's a pretty good all around headset. The biggest problem I have with it, is that it's a little difficult to put in your ear. If you're driving along and the phone rings, it's not an easy task to grab the headset and put it in your ear before the call goes to voice mail.

I've been thinking of replacing it with something that would "hook" on in an easier fashion.

thats one thing i like about the motorola headsets, they've always been easy to put on

Jerry Raia
04-19-2006, 07:57 PM
I use 2. The Jabra JX10 and the 250v. The JX10 has the best quality both ways and I can barely feel it on my ear. I have to keep checking to see if its there. The only negative is it doesn't feel secure on your ear. The 250v which is also quite comfortable doesn't have as good sound quality.

jacklf
04-20-2006, 04:34 AM
I use the Jabra BT200... mainly because it was one of only 3 real choices back when I got mine and it was the smallest/cheapest ratio option. Shortly after I saw them using Jabra's on the TV show "Alias" and felt very cool.

Sound (what I hear) quality is "ok" up to 15-20 feet away. Everyone (who has ever commented on it at least) thinks I'm calling from my home phone, so apparently the mic works really well.

It's generally quite comfortable, although when it's been on my ear for extended periods (say, 30-45 minutes) in the car it's time to switch ears or take it off (it gets kinda sore -- apparently I need to look into the JX10 from what Jerry wrote).

Jerry Raia
04-20-2006, 04:54 AM
The JX10 is definitely more comfortable. Just not as secure feeling.

Rocco Augusto
04-20-2006, 04:45 PM
The JX10 is definitely more comfortable. Just not as secure feeling.

hm, ill look into the jx10. the bt200-250 headsets are two big for me. i just feel wrong putting something that big on my ears :)

its the 21st century, we should have these as brain implants already but seing as how were slacking a few years i think im gonna go wth something tiny like the new motorola h700 or the jabra jx10.

if anyone else knows of any tiny headsets with great sound quality let me know!

Jerry Raia
04-20-2006, 04:48 PM
I'll only go for the brain implant if I can still have the blinking blue light outside someplace. :mrgreen:

Rocco Augusto
04-20-2006, 06:02 PM
I'll only go for the brain implant if I can still have the blinking blue light outside someplace. :mrgreen:

the motorola h700s light is can also be red, yellow/orange, or green lol

Jerry Raia
04-20-2006, 06:07 PM

Now if it could blink in alternating colors I might have to have one. :lol:

Rocco Augusto
04-20-2006, 06:38 PM

Now if it could blink in alternating colors I might have to have one. :lol:

its a nice headset, the hs810-850 were both good headsets too. ill find out if it can blink in different colors for you :)

hastings
04-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Good info here, thanks everyone for sharing!

Terry Pickett
05-01-2006, 03:20 AM
The JX10 doesn't show to be compatible with the Cingular 2125. Did you have any problems pairing and using it?

Jerry Raia
05-01-2006, 04:12 AM
The JX10 doesn't show to be compatible with the Cingular 2125. Did you have any problems pairing and using it?

None that I have noticed. However I probably haven't tried everything either. When it comes to headsets I'm a pretty basic user. If you ask I will try it and let you know.

billcalle
05-04-2006, 11:16 PM
I started with the Bluespoon AX2 (on my Cingular 2125) and really lived the way it fit! It's so small and lightweight that I could wear it all day comfortably without interfering with glasses, etc. The sound quality, however, sounded like the caller was on a tin can.

As a result, I switched to the Motorola h700 and am really frustrated with the fit. Unlike the AX2, no portion of it fits into the ear, so it feels like it is going to fall off and it doesn't do anything to block external, ambient noise. I could live with both of these issues, but again the caller sounds like they are on a tin can (and I've had a few reports of echoing which I think are caused by the DSP noise cancellation algorithm).

Any chance my "tin can" complaints are caused by the BlueTooth on the 2125 itself? I've had BT headsets before (on other phones) and the quality was excellent (those were Sony-Ericsson headsets). The sound quality from the included wired headset that comes with the 2125 is phenomenal, I just don't like the wires and the fact that the ear buds are poorly designed and fall out.

Has anybody tried the Motorola (or other brand) stereo headset?

Rocco Augusto
05-09-2006, 12:44 AM
i picked up an H700 as well. read great reviews for it online. picked up my first unit and it was awesome. no one could tell i was on a headset, even outside. then i saw the same headset online at amazon for half the price so i ordered it and took the other one back.

the new h700 headset was a different color, silver with dark blue. being the owner of several different colored hs-850's i didnt think anything of it. after syncing both girlfriends and my headsets up and trying them out i realized that this was the WORST headset i had ever owned. both headsets have the worst call quality EVER.

since tis both headsets that are horrible i advise anyone that gets a good deal on a h700 to test it out before buying or look at other user comments. maybe theres a bios flash or something i can do to it to fix it, i dunno whats wrong with it. needless to say amazon wont take care of it because it was sold through a third party vendor and i cant find him. motorola wont warrenty it either for some odd reason. im gonna call them back now and hopefully see if someone somewhere will take care of me :evil:

Jerry Raia
05-09-2006, 01:57 AM
Moral of the story. Stay away from Moto stuff! I must say I am very happy with the Jabra JX10. Stop buying moto stuff! :twak:

Rocco Augusto
05-09-2006, 02:13 AM
Moral of the story. Stay away from Moto stuff! I must say I am very happy with the Jabra JX10. Stop buying moto stuff! :twak:

haha, well this time it wasnt motorolas fault. turns out motorola wont admit to making a dark blue h700 bluetooth headset. according to them it was most likely a fake out of china. needless to say the warranty dept wont help me now :(

billcalle
05-10-2006, 07:38 AM
Well my h700 definitely wasn't a weird knockoff from China (I bought it at Best Buy), but it really was a horrible headset. I've since gone off and tried the Motorola stereo headset. I can't tell if the A2DP hack from the HTC tornado that I installed on my 2125 just isn't ready for primetime, or what, but the sound quality is just not as good as is necessary for listening to music. Above and beyond that, the fit isn't comfortable at all. I'm really beginning to give up hope on all Motorola bluetooth peripherals. Then again, the problem may just be my 2125...

Next test on the quest for good sound is the wired Shure i4cT. Yes, I know it is ridiculously expensive and it is wired, but I can't stand using my phone as a music player and having to put up with sub-standard sound quality!

Rocco Augusto
05-13-2006, 08:28 PM
Next test on the quest for good sound is the wired Shure i4cT. Yes, I know it is ridiculously expensive and it is wired, but I can't stand using my phone as a music player and having to put up with sub-standard sound quality!

expensive, exshmesive, if it works its totally worth it. let me know how it goes, i just might pick up a pair. as far as the amazon thing goes they have agreed to refund my money since the seller refuses to answer any emails. i really want to try the jabra headset that jerry recommends except i have to wait for my refund first

sosha
05-14-2006, 07:15 PM
Bluetooth headsets....nothing is perfect.

I now have 2. I thought I lost my Bluespoon AX2; thought it was just TOO small (that's how I lost it), and ordered up a Plantronics Voyager 510. Of course, on the day the new headset arrives, I found the AX2.

The AX2 is the most comfortable thing I've had, but the sound quality on the Plantronics is AWESOME. Since it's larger, it's easier to get my hands on in the car, which is where I use a headset the most. I now keep the AX2 in my purse, in a small case. Now, if you guys don't carry a purse........:-).

If I had to settle on 1 of them, I'd go with the Plantronics. $47 on Amazon w/free shipping can't be beat.

Mike Temporale
05-15-2006, 04:48 AM
I have to agree. While I still like my AX, I've switched back to a Motorola headset because it's faster and easier to put on. Which is important if you don't want to be wearing the headset for the whole drive just hoping that someone will call. ;)