View Full Version : Unable to convert attachment from outlook with activesync

towsto
04-18-2006, 02:38 PM
In activesync > File conversion properties > Device to Desktop I´m able to convert *.psw to *.doc but under "Desktop to Device" I´m missing the choice of converting from *.doc to *.psw. Likewise for excelfiles.
I´ve installed "all" converters from the office cd.
Any suggestions?

Mike Temporale
04-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Because there is no Office applications on the Smartphone, maybe? ;)

towsto
04-18-2006, 03:12 PM
I´ve got the ClearVue Suite installed. I can convert a doc file from my phone, with activesync, to a the format that ClearVue uses to my pc. I dont have clearVue installed on my pc ´cos it´s for smartphones. I need the doc files attached in mail (outlook) to be converted to psw.

Mike Temporale
04-18-2006, 04:13 PM
So someone has emailed you a document to your phone and you're looking for a way to open and view it. I don't think that there is any convertors for that. I'm not sure, since I don't use ClearVue, but I don't think that's possible. Maybe someone else here would know more. Sorry. :?

towsto
04-20-2006, 06:36 AM
If I just copy the doc file to the phone it works just fine. There´s something missing in activesync I guess...

towsto
04-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Hmmm, i think i know what the problem is. The attached file get wrong extension, it get the size added as extension. Like this "test.doc (23k)"

Mike Temporale
04-20-2006, 01:20 PM
If I just copy the doc file to the phone it works just fine. There´s something missing in activesync I guess...

There's nothing missing in ActiveSync. If you copy the file and it works then ActiveSync has done it's job. When something is emailed to you, it doesn't pass through the ActiveSync convert process. If you're sync'ing your mail over AS, it just passes the mail message as is. It doesn't detach and convert the attachments. If you directly pull/push your email onto your device, there is no ActiveSync involved.

Sorry, but documents in your email don't work with Westek.