View Full Version : T-Mobile SDA or Cingular 2125

Ash211
04-18-2006, 07:53 AM
I am thinking about getting rid of my Verizon 6700 (don't use half of it's funtions/too large) and getting either an SDA or a 2125. Anyone have a suggestion either way? Anyone have an opinion on Cingular or TMobile's service in the southern california area? Tmobile plans seem to be a little cheaper but I am afraid they don't have as good of coverage as cingular.

Thanks

Rocco Augusto
04-20-2006, 07:21 PM
as of tomorrow ill be the proud owner of both a 2125 and a sda. i wont be able to tell you how reception is in southern cali but i could always write up a nice lil side by side comparison of the 2 devices to help you out :)

Ash211
04-21-2006, 06:26 AM
Thanks alot. I would really appreciate it. I am leaning toward the 2125 because the SDA seems a little cramped with the extra media buttons...which I probTably won't use. The wifi on the SDA seems nice but if I'm at home and want to check my email I would probably just fire up my laptop anyway.

hyedipin
04-21-2006, 08:47 PM
I thought 2125 did not have wi-fi. If that's important for you, you might want to go for SDA.

No ideas about local coverage of the provider, sorry.

Pete Paxton
04-21-2006, 09:29 PM
I love my SDA but wifi is important to me. If it's not important to you, I think either phone will suit you well.

Rocco Augusto
04-21-2006, 09:31 PM
coverage wise. i get the same coverage in my area with both devices-- which is great coverage :)

as far as the form factor goes, i had more of a hard time getting use to the 2125 then i did the sda. im not saying the sda is designed better, actually theyre both equally as cramped. i just picked up on the sda more because i was using the 2125 for so long.

the camera on the sda seems a little bit better than the 2125. this suprised me because you would think they would have the same lens and drivers since they are from HTC. it could also be caused by my lens being dirty since i haven't cleaned it in forever.

the main feature i love on this phone is that when i was taking pictures it saved them to a folder based off of the date. this is a REALLY handy feature since I take a LOT of pictures and after you have about 600 images in one folder that youre to lazy to take off and archive on your PC you get happy about little extra features like this that shows that somewhere, somehow, someone was paying attention to the little things. that makes me happy :)

as for the wifi... i havent been able to get it to connect to a network yet so i can browse. :lol: so far it does not seem to want to play nice with my wireless network here at work. i think the reason could be behind the fact that my network is not broadcasting an SSID so the device wont connect to it. i'll have to look around on the web to find the info on getting it up and running... and then of course ill prolly type it up as a tutorial :lol:

the form factor is what i love most about the SDA. i love my 2125 to death. it really is a great phone but the SDA just has more a solid feel to it. the 2125 slims down towards the bottom of the device while the SDA keeps it width which in turn just makes it seem more solid.

the media buttons really arent that great, theyre a nice novalty but i can see myself hating them really REALLY quickly in the coming weeks. also, the screen is freakin' beautiful, just like the 2125. HTC really did a number with the Tornado and Faraday models. nice solid, bright, beautiful phones. if possibl ei say own both and just carry them around based off what outfit youre wearing like i do :)

i havent really set much else more up so i have nothing else to report. give me a few days to play with it and test it out and ill write up a nice little side by side review of both the 2125 and the SDA :)

Mike Temporale
04-21-2006, 09:53 PM
the camera on the sda seems a little bit better than the 2125. this suprised me because you would think they would have the same lens and drivers since they are from HTC. it could also be caused by my lens being dirty since i haven't cleaned it in forever.

Ah, just because they are made by the same company doesn't mean they are the same. This is why mixing and matching the ROMs will never provide as good an experience as using the one made for the device. Each carrier can customize different things; a better camera, better plastic, different chipsets, etc.. While the phone is still based on the same platform, they can still be different. :D

Rocco Augusto
04-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Ah, just because they are made by the same company doesn't mean they are the same. This is why mixing and matching the ROMs will never provide as good an experience as using the one made for the device. Each carrier can customize different things; a better camera, better plastic, different chipsets, etc.. While the phone is still based on the same platform, they can still be different. :D

touche :wink:

Rocco Augusto
04-22-2006, 01:41 AM
the main feature i love on this phone is that when i was taking pictures it saved them to a folder based off of the date. this is a REALLY handy feature since I take a LOT of pictures and after you have about 600 images in one folder that youre to lazy to take off and archive on your PC you get happy about little extra features like this that shows that somewhere, somehow, someone was paying attention to the little things. that makes me happy :)

well who would have guessed. i went through and organized all my pictures. I put them all in folders based off of the date. Since doing that my phone is BLAZING fast now. Especially in the Pictures & Videos application :twisted:

so a little word of advice, organize your images. rid your life of electronic clutter, your smartphone will love you for it!

(P.S. - this is the 2125 that i cleaned... actually this is just my miniSD that i cleaned but i only saw the speed improvment on the 2125. i also organized my videos too :) )