View Full Version : Wired Headset Holy Grail -- Shure iXc-t Series

bubbahump
04-17-2006, 08:05 PM
After unsuccessfully trying several adapters to make my "normal" 3.5mm headsets work with my 2.5mm 4-conductor US T-Mobile SDA (while maintaining microphone and stereo audio), I found a surprisingly poorly marketed solution from Shure...

I just received the Shure i4c-t headset that I ordered on ebay, and it works wonderfully and sounds great! I was worried that the "Treo" connector wouldn't be wired properly for my HTC-based phone, but it has the same 4-conductor connector that the "stock" headset has. Interestingly, the picture of the connector on the outside of the i4c-t box shows a 3-conductor plug, but open up the box and you'll find a 4-conductor version.

There are 2 models of this headset, the standard i4c, and the i4c-t with the "Treo" connector. The standard version is rather bulky and would require a complicated adapter to connect to the SDA; It is really designed to be connected to both a standard cell phone and a second music device simultaneously. Buy the "-t" version for the SDA.

http://www.shurestore.com/iseries/index.html

edit1: Corrected misspelling. edit2: Previous edit deleted the poll...

Sven Johannsen
04-18-2006, 04:44 AM
$329.00 MSRP 8O I didn't pay much more for the unlocked, no contract phone.

eliteramen
04-18-2006, 05:14 AM
$329.00 MSRP 8O I didn't pay much more for the unlocked, no contract phone.

It's only $189.99 on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Shure-I4C-T-Earphones-Mobile-Headset-i4ct_W0QQitemZ9709689679QQcategoryZ15040QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem). Don't be so penny-pinching! :roll: :wink:

[eR]

Mike Temporale
04-18-2006, 02:54 PM
For a headset? I don't think so! Wow, that's just nuts. :lol:

bubbahump
04-18-2006, 06:05 PM
For a headset? I don't think so! Wow, that's just nuts. :lol:

Yes... and I am a certified crackerjack. After $200 in rebates I paid only $50 for my SDA, so these i4's cost 150% more than the phone at roughly $200.

However, they sound better than anything else I tried, and I did try a lot: Koss spark plug, UE-3, Shure e2c and e3c (all with a 2.5-3.5 adapter). All of the previous headphones I tried required a bulky adapter set up to connect to the SDA, and provided no microphone for phone calls.

The i4's connect directly to the SDA, and have an in-line volume control, mute and microphone. They are also very comfortable, allowing me to sleep with my ear on a pillow in an airplane without feeling them in my ear, all while blocking the airplane noise.

You could try the i2c-t or i3c-t if you want to save some cash. The i2 is much larger and thus not very comfortable, the i3 doesn't have the same high-end detail of the i4.

Jerry Raia
04-18-2006, 07:22 PM
I see I am not the only one that doesn't listen to music on their phone! HA! :mrgreen:

bubbahump
04-21-2006, 06:52 PM
I corrected a spelling mistake and accidentally deleted the poll... Then I re-created the poll and there are two of everything... can someone tell me how to fix this?