View Full Version : Voice mail to your e-mail as MP3?

InGearX
04-16-2006, 06:31 PM
I am trying to find a program that would automatically retrieve my cell phones voice mail and deliver them to my e-mail!

For me it would be very convenient as I have my e-mail open 24/7 work, home, laptop... and in comparison it is a pain to call the voice mail and so on, every time someone leaves you a small voice mail...

The program could "save" (instead of "deleting") after it retrieves and e-mails each voice mail to you as an attached .MP3 file.

Do you think anything like that is out there or should try to make it?

What are the advantages and disadvantages that you see with this approach/application?

Any tips, tricks, links, suggestions are much appreciated ;)

Thank you all...

Rocco Augusto
04-16-2006, 06:45 PM
if im not mistaken, smartphonethoughts had a article on a service like this a while back called GotVoice. If i remember correctly i started a discussion on how insecure a service like this would be ;)

anyways, i think the place is gotvoice.com. what they do is basically call your voicemail, record your messages and then save them to their servers and send you an email so you can listen to em.

hope that helps :)

Mike Temporale
04-17-2006, 02:23 AM
Yeah, I think that's correct. It also would only do it twice a day. :(

Kris Kumar
04-17-2006, 03:17 AM
Here is the original post (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9888) for GotVoice.com. :-) I recently had received an email saying that they have updated their service but haven't checked it out in a long time.