View Full Version : Does Outlook notes not sync on an SDA

tmosda
04-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Hi
I am not able to get Outlook notes to sync to the SDA. TMobile claims that the SDA supports this function. Anyone share the same experience? How can I get around it?

Thx

Mike Temporale
04-10-2006, 04:45 PM
T-Mo is wrong. Sorry. Outlook Notes don't sync with Windows Mobile Smartphones out of the box. You need a third party application like Smartphone Notes or whatnot in order to do that.

It could be possible that T-Mo meant the MDA, which is a Pocket PC device. That would do Outlook Notes.

Hope that helps

Jerry Raia
04-10-2006, 10:45 PM
I use Smartphone Notes on my 2125. I recommend it.

Sven Johannsen
04-12-2006, 04:29 AM
I use Smartphone Notes on my 2125. I recommend it.

I'll second that.

Islanti
04-12-2006, 04:30 PM
PhatNotes also works, although it's a bit of effort to get the Smartphone version installed unfortunatley. The only reason I mention it is because you can use it with the PocketPC as well.

Jerry Raia
04-12-2006, 04:51 PM
I like PhatNotes but I think it still has to be installed in main memory.

btoll
04-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Does anyone know of a freeware utility to sync to outlook notes? I know these others can do it, but I paid enough for the phone that I don't want to have to pay another $15 just to sync notes. Thanks!

Sven Johannsen
04-15-2006, 04:46 AM
Does anyone know of a freeware utility to sync to outlook notes? I know these others can do it, but I paid enough for the phone that I don't want to have to pay another $15 just to sync notes. Thanks!
Aw suck it up. The sooner you realize you didn't just buy a phone, you got a new hobby, the easier it will be ;)

Jerry Raia
04-15-2006, 04:51 AM
Aw suck it up. The sooner you realize you didn't just buy a phone, you got a new hobby, the easier it will be ;)

Well said! I've lost track of how much I have spent beyond the cost of the device. So much fun too. :D

btoll
04-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I hear ya' :) I came up with another solution (at least for now). I really need a better task list too. I tried out a few and so far "OxiosToDoList" has seemed the best by far. For notes, I can just create a fake task item without any dates or antying and put the "note" in the notes section of that task. It seems to work really well and that way I only have to buy one $15 program to get both notes and tasks :D