View Full Version : Multiple issues with SDA

tmosda
04-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Hi
I have owned my SDA for a month now. Love it but I have big issues with some features:-

1. The volume seems to be available only on the left head phone. Any idea how I can vary the balance to neutral? Or is my only option to buy a 2.5-3.5 adapter and try using a regular headset?

2. Cannot synchronize notes. I cannot seem to sync my outlook notes using ActiveSync. Anyone have the same issue??

Islanti
04-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Re: #2... synching notes is not supported out of the box on Smartphone. The only program I know of to sync your Outlook notes is PhatNotes (http://www.phatware.com/phatnotes/phatnotesphone.html).

There may be others as well.

Mike Temporale
04-05-2006, 08:24 PM
1. The volume seems to be available only on the left head phone. Any idea how I can vary the balance to neutral? Or is my only option to buy a 2.5-3.5 adapter and try using a regular headset?

Are you using the headset that came with the phone? I would recommend trying another headset. Or if you are using another headset, try the one that came with the device.

tmosda
04-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Hi,
I used the default headset and also tried using a cheap stereo head phone set. I also tried a noise cancelling set and all three worked only with the left ear phone. Kind of weird. I am not sure if I need to buy a 2.5-3.5 adapter and give it a shot.

thx

Mark Kenepp
04-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Hi,
I used the default headset and also tried using a cheap stereo head phone set. I also tried a noise cancelling set and all three worked only with the left ear phone. Kind of weird. I am not sure if I need to buy a 2.5-3.5 adapter and give it a shot.

thx

Sounds like the jack in your phone is defective, assuming that you have the headphones plugged in correctly. I am sure Mike made his suggestion to eliminate the idea that it was the particular headphones as the culprit. Since you have used several different pair. there are only two possible alternatives, The jack is faulty or you do not have it plugged in correctly.

Mike Temporale
04-06-2006, 02:03 AM
The jack is faulty or you do not have it plugged in correctly.

Good suggestion. Is the headset flush with the bottom of the phone? Sometimes, with some headsets, they don't always click in right.

But ultimately, as Mark said, I think there might be a problem with your phone jack. :?