View Full Version : change msn messanger account on wm5 smartphone

psohl
03-25-2006, 10:23 PM
Wondering if anyone can help? I'm just setting up my Cingular 2125 with accounts and settings for gprs connection, email, etc.. I thought it would be cool to show my son how he could log into msn messanger on the phone.. works great! but now it seems I can't change the settings to my own msn messanger account. Am I missing something here? Any help would be appreciated..

Mike Temporale
03-26-2006, 01:42 AM
On the main Pocket MSN page, push the Options menu, and then select "Switch User". :D

psohl
03-26-2006, 02:49 AM
Man, you are good! Thanks...
Well, so I've got me a Cingular 2125 wm5 smartphone, a nextlink AX2 bluetooth headset and a SIM card from Rogers and their "max" data plan for heavy email use! Next up, a 2GB mini sd card and probably a thinkoutside BT keyboard. If you're going to do it, do it right I say. What other "must have's" do you recommend? What about programs? What are some "standouts" you've come across? The CD came with Westek's Clear View Suite, it's got a file manager built in which I think even supports .zip files (odd thing though.. all files only show up in the "list view" but not the "tree view". The "tree view" only shows the folders??) I was going to download "MyMail" from Rogers for push email, but have now read it doesn't support wm5, do you know anything about this? I be interested to see your reply, because I know you know..you're The Man!

Mike Temporale
03-26-2006, 01:20 PM
Man, you are good! Thanks...

:lol: No problem. I don't actually use MSN much on the phone. I don't use hotmail for email, and I don't care much for MSNM people from the mobile device. I just use it to see if people are online. ;)

so I've got me a Cingular 2125 wm5 smartphone, a nextlink AX2 bluetooth headset and a SIM card from Rogers and their "max" data plan for heavy email use!

A Cingular 2125 and you're in Bolton? I'm guessing you bought it off eBay, right? ;) Nice phone. A lot of people here have that model. What's the Max plan on Rogers? I don't think it's unlimited, is it?

Next up, a 2GB mini sd card and probably a thinkoutside BT keyboard.

I would suggest TigerDirect.ca for your memory needs in Canada. I'm looking at the 1GB miniSD right now and then I can pass my 512 over to my wife to use. The TO keyboard is a good purchase, I really like mine. Check out Amazon.com for that one (we got a rotating link on the home page for it), they've got the best price.

What about programs? What are some "standouts" you've come across?

There's lots of good apps, and lots of posts about this on the forums. I use Fizz Traveller, Maniac's Keylock, to name a few.

The CD came with Westek's Clear View Suite, it's got a file manager built in which I think even supports .zip files (odd thing though.. all files only show up in the "list view" but not the "tree view". The "tree view" only shows the folders??)

I don't know, I haven't used that in a long time. Sorry. :(

I was going to download "MyMail" from Rogers for push email, but have now read it doesn't support wm5, do you know anything about this? I be interested to see your reply, because I know you know..you're The Man!

Sorry again, I'm not on Rogers. I do know that they don't offer a WinMo5 device, so I'm not surprised that they don't have a version that works on it. You're only choice here would be to get the Cingular AKU2 update once it's released and then use Direct Push or possibly try Goodlink.

Hope that helps!