View Full Version : Problem with ActiveSync 3.8

tpenninckx
03-22-2006, 09:00 AM
Hello,
On a new computer, I've got the following problem with ActiveSync 3.8.
When connecting the PDA (iPaq 3860) to the computer, ActiveSync starts, ask me the parameters to establish the partnership with the device and when the synchronization begins, the following error message appears :
"Microsoft Outlook is no longer installed, so ActiveSync cannot continue to run. To continue synchronization, reinstall Microsoft Outlook. If you no longer want to synchronize your data, disable synchronization in ActiveSync."

Outlook is of course installed and working perfectly.

Anyone as an idea ?
Thank you.
Thierry

Mike Temporale
03-22-2006, 02:43 PM
What version of Outlook are you running? Have you attempted a "Repair" of your install? - Re-Run the Outlook installer and select repair.

tpenninckx
03-22-2006, 04:06 PM
It's Outlook 2003.

I will try the repair (but it's a real new installation)

Thierry

tpenninckx
03-24-2006, 08:49 AM
Hello Mike,

thank you for the tip !

I made a Repair of the Office installation and the synchronization works now.

Thierry

Mike Temporale
03-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Hello Mike,

thank you for the tip !

I made a Repair of the Office installation and the synchronization works now.

Thierry

Great to hear! Enjoy.

ditch_azeroth
03-30-2006, 06:29 AM
yeah, i had this problem when i first had my htc e200 and solved it the same way... ^_^

zlatan24
10-24-2007, 01:11 PM
I solve problem of Outlook with help - Outlook repair tool (http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/repair_outlook.html), it may recovering lost Microsoft Outlook data is a sequence of operations involving scanning, identifying and saving such Microsoft Outlook items as messages, contacts, notes, reminders, journals, meetings, etc, recover data when a *.pst file completely or partially stops functioning, for example, it becomes completely or partially unreadable because of other applications, antivirus software or power failures.