View Full Version : T-Mobile SDA Deals: In CompUSA Stores for $99.99 with a Free BT Headset and on Amazon.com for $49.99

Kris Kumar
03-19-2006, 04:30 PM
I was looking at this week's deals in the CompUSA flyer for a hard disk for my computer, when I came across the T-Mobile SDA promotion for $99.99 and the promotion includes a FREE Motorola H500 Bluetooth Headset, a $49.99 value. That is a pretty sweet deal and is only available in the CompUSA stores from March 19th thru March 25th 2006. Click here (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/images/Kris-Mar06-compusasdalarge.jpg) for the high resolution scan [265KB] of the advertisement in the CompUSA flyer.

http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/images/Kris-Mar06-compusasdasmall.jpg

Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?link_code=ur2&tag=smartphonetho-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&path=tg%2Fdetail%2F-%2FB000EM6MQ0%2Fsr%3D8-9%2Fqid%3D1140404127%2Fref%3Dsr_1_9%3F%255Fencoding%3DUTF8%26v%3Dglance) is also offering rebates that bring the T-Mobile SDA's price down to $49.99. (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?link_code=ur2&tag=smartphonetho-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&path=tg%2Fdetail%2F-%2FB000EM6MQ0%2Fsr%3D8-9%2Fqid%3D1140404127%2Fref%3Dsr_1_9%3F%255Fencoding%3DUTF8%26v%3Dglance) [Affiliate] Since Amazon is not offering a free headset, the price is comparable to that of CompUSA. So folks you have choices, isn't that great? All you have to decide is whether you want an in-store deal or not and whether or not you want that headset. :)

http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/images/Kris-mar06-tmobileSDAAmazon.jpg

Mike Temporale
03-19-2006, 06:38 PM
$50 for a Smartphone! You can't get much better than that. Well, there's always free. ;)

Kris Kumar
03-19-2006, 08:27 PM
$50 for a Smartphone with Windows Mobile 5.0, QVGA screen and WiFi.

jtheun
03-19-2006, 09:03 PM
I don't see this special on amazon... it does not show the rebates

Kris Kumar
03-19-2006, 09:13 PM
I don't see this special on amazon... it does not show the rebates

I should have mentioned in my post. You have to select the plan to see the price. ;-) Amazon does that some times, you have to first add the item to the cart to see the price.

On the Amazon web page for this product to the top right will be a box for ZIP if you haven't already entered it. Once you enter the ZIP code, it shows a yellow button "Select this phone and view Service Plans," click on that, select a plan and you should see the special price.

kugeln
03-19-2006, 09:20 PM
So what's the trick to get it at that price if you're already a t-mobile customer? The cheapest I was able to get them to offer it to me was ~$200 with a 2-year contract extension.

Kris Kumar
03-19-2006, 09:23 PM
I believe Amazon's rebated price is always for new activations. :-(

jhonn
03-20-2006, 12:19 AM
Hi everyone, I've been reading the Thoughts sites for a few years now but have never posted before!

After seeing the SDA deal on here, I went to CompUSA and bought two of these phones for $99.99 each. I was already a T-Mobile customer, but my contrract had been up for over a year. For only $200, I left with two of these phones and two Motorola bluetooth headsets (free). I thought I'd let everyone know, this deal works, even for existing customers if your contract has expired. I signed a new 1-year contract (or so they said - hopefully its not the 2-year one), and I got the family plan with 700 minutes.

Kris Kumar
03-20-2006, 12:46 AM
Awesome! jhonn, thanks for confirming the deal for existing customers. I am sure it will benefit a lot of our T-readers.

dh
03-20-2006, 02:13 AM
Hi everyone, I've been reading the Thoughts sites for a few years now but have never posted before!

Hi jhonn, I've been hanging around these sites for quite a while as well. They are really nice communities.

Looks as though you got a good deal. I'm new to Smartphones but I really like being able to use them one handed and I'm really impressed with all I can do with such a small form factor. My PDA has been staying at home for the last few weeks.

Mike Temporale
03-20-2006, 02:22 AM

Hi jhonn, I've been hanging around these sites for quite a while as well. They are really nice communities.

Oh, stop it guys. You're making me blush. :oops: :wink:

In reality, the greatness of these sites is all because of our readers. You guys make this the great place it is. So, keep up the great work.

Mark Larson
03-20-2006, 06:10 AM
Well this was unexpected. After pretty much committing to myself that I'm going to use a Pocket PC and phone, I saw this deal today and jumped on it. I had already bought a Pocket PC and case and car charger for it too!

Now I'm the proud owner of the best Smartphone on the US market and I got it for a ridiculous price along with a free Bluetooth headset. CompUSA rules!

CompUSA also does upgrades, so if you're out of contract or 11 months since your last upgrade, you can run down to the store and get an SDA for the same price as a new activation.

Foxbat121
03-20-2006, 10:11 PM
Usually, Amazon's rebate requires you to subscribe to the expensive data plan and you can only submit your rebate after 6 month of service.

CompUSA's deal is better, IMO.

Pete Paxton
03-21-2006, 12:41 AM
Just to let you all know, I've had this phone for about a month now and I LOVE IT!!! I didn't get it for nearly the deals some of you are. Totally worth it.

hyedipin
03-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Hello everyone,

Just considering getting this one, my deal is almost up 11 months.
If I wait another one week it will be exactly 11 months, I will stop by a New York compUSA and let you know what they have to say.

I hope this works around here, I really would Love to get bluetooth along with this phone, for mere $100.

I have family plan, so I think I will do the same way as jonny did above, will try at least. If they won't give it to me now, I would wait two weeks (when my contract is 11 mo's old) and try again, my only worry is they may be out of stock.

Thanks for the news!

wjsteele
03-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Ok... I just got back from the Dayton, Ohio CompUSA. I bought the SDA... and since my T-Mobile account just expired (on the 13th) they let me "renew" with a 12 month contract... same terms (I get a special discount through MS,) and I got the $99 price. But it get's better. The $99 price is actually $349 ($299 for phone and $50 for BT Headset) and you get $250 instant rebates. But I also got a $50 mail-in rebate through T-Mobile for renewing AND an additional $20 rebate from Motorola for the headset - they explained to me that that happens a lot... the cash register printed out additional rebates not advertised.

That makes the total price for this SDA phone for me of.... <melody> da da da daaaaa. </melody>.... $30 BUCKS!!

Love it.

Bill

brian_r_baker
03-21-2006, 07:51 PM
the cash register printed out additional rebates not advertised. Well, I hadn't even looked at those huge pieces of paper included with my receipt... ;)

I wonder if T-Mobile will honor that rebate for renewing contracts? It seems to be for new activations only. Let us know what happens!

hyedipin
03-21-2006, 10:25 PM
I just came back from 5th Ave CompUSA where there was really nobody around to look after the cellphone section. Oh well, I will go back another time, they had a few in stock, the guy I asked, who was supposed to be taking care of that area, did not even know where the SDA was..

For the $350 total price, I surely hope you do not pay the tax for $350 then they give you the rebates and discounts! That really has no point.

Currently, if your contract is about to expire (11 Mo) t-mo will give you this phone for $190 with 2 YR renewal, that's a big fish.

I will try my luck with CompUSA. I did not see any expiration date for the promotion on the brochure, did any one find out how long this would last?

Kris Kumar
03-22-2006, 02:16 AM
The flyer was for this week: March 19th thru March 25th 2006. Usually the CompUSA flyer deals last for a week. :-)

hyedipin
03-22-2006, 05:56 AM
Yes Kris,
I just noticed the same thing on the first page.
On last page it says until supplies last or for limited time only..

Hmm, very very close call !

I wonder what else compusa attaches to their agreement! Probably 2 yr contract with additional cancellation fees applied by compusa in addition to what t-mo charges ($175 per line, I think)

Normally that's what "authorized dealer"s make, they slap you with $500 cancellation fee, for giving you a very good deal on the phone.

yoos
03-25-2006, 03:05 AM
I just got my first WM5 smartphone!! thanks for letting me know of this!! The guy in the cellphone area had no idea about the manufacturers $50 warranty, so he said in the end it was $99. At the checkout counter it rang up $99 and a $50 mfg warranty printed too! I am a current t-mo customer and only had to renew for one year.

hyedipin
03-25-2006, 03:26 AM
warranty..., i think you mean rebate.. Great for you! I hope you got the ear piece as well..

As for CompUSA, these people, ignorant , you know they have no clue what they are doing.. The dude added another line to my family plan instead of changing my contract and extending to another year! I am lucky I checked everything he asked me to sign, if i had signed and walked out of there, I could have gotten a bill the next month and I may not be able to cancel it!

I called T-Mo right away and cancelled the line..

So be careful and read what you sign for..
now I will go back tomorrow to another store and try again, it is the last day.

yoos
03-25-2006, 05:47 AM
yes I meant rebate... I am really tired!! thanks....

Kris Kumar
04-03-2006, 02:34 AM
Amazon now has it for $30, actually $29.99!

hyedipin
04-03-2006, 02:15 PM
But remember you cannot take advantage of upgrade on amazon.
Also, sometimes they won't give you the rebates if you port your old number, but I think that problem is now only with cingular.

Since I missed the $100 deal on SDA, I may switch to another carrier if I can get a very good deal, but I want something with wi-fi. Cingular has the audivox smartphone which looks bulky and cheap, and I am not a fan of audivox. On the other hand right now you can get a blackberry from compusa for $49 with BT headseat, but what is compatible with blackberry? no games, no custom software, windows smart phone was much better deal! Now once I knew it went for $99, i don't think I can pay full price for it..

It seems like compusa is renewing the deals each week, last week was $99 samsung, this week $79 moto pebble and $49 blackberry, I surely hope next week it will be TDA for like $150.. :lol:

Mark Larson
04-04-2006, 07:38 AM
Wait a week or two, I'm sure the SDA will be back.

hyedipin
04-04-2006, 02:43 PM
That's what I am doing now, I am sticking with t-mo for a while and will wait for compusa to bring back other phones. ;)

Plus, it is really not worth switching over to other companies, with activations, etc..

Wireless
04-15-2006, 06:42 AM
If someone who has bought a Wireless Phone from COMP USA could look at their actual agreement for me , I would appreciate it. I am looking to see if there is ANY verbage dealing with someone who purchases a discounted phone from COMP USA, and then canncels it immediately the next day with the intent on not returning the equipment. Now we know that any company worth their salt has some sort of discalimer, but the clown on another forum who is attempting this is being told there is nothing on COMP USA's paperwork.
In short, people need to realize that only one set of people end up paying for this down the road. That is you the TMOBILE Subscriber. You pay in higher Fees, less attractive rate plans, lesser disconts when you are ready to upograde or renew your contract etc etc etc. It burns my you know what.

Anyway, Im off the soapbox, but if someone can scour their agreements (or added paperwork) Id appreciate it, and a scan (minus your details of course) of the verbage protecting COMP USA if there is some, would be appreciated.

Scan and then upload the image to http://rapidshare.de if possible.

hyedipin
04-15-2006, 06:05 PM
That's what I meant, before saying that Comp USA will slap you with additional fines if you cancel within the contract time.. That's I think will happen..

But again, it depends on their paperwork..

I am hoping SDA will be back this week! C'mon compusa..

Rocco Augusto
04-15-2006, 10:47 PM
As an indirect carrier Comp USA has the right to charge you for lost equipment and commissions if you get a phone and cancel before your first 180 days of service.

Usually a company will take something like a credit card number from you at time of activation to secure their end. If you do not provide them with a credit card well then have no fear, they have your social and it WILL end up on your credit report against you.

Also this is called "theft" and as we all know stealing is wrong. :)