View Full Version : installing applications to sd card on 2125

Guero_con_taco
03-17-2006, 01:40 AM
Hello everybody,
I just got a 1 gig miniSD card and popped it in my 2125 and now I want to install minimozilla and run it from my storage card. Only problem is, when I go to install it via active sync, it doesn't give me a choice of where to install it. The box that says something like "install to default installation folder" is checked and is grayed out. Any help would be great.
thanks all.
:(

Mike Temporale
03-17-2006, 02:12 AM
Hello everybody,
I just got a 1 gig miniSD card and popped it in my 2125 and now I want to install minimozilla and run it from my storage card. Only problem is, when I go to install it via active sync, it doesn't give me a choice of where to install it. The box that says something like "install to default installation folder" is checked and is grayed out. Any help would be great.
thanks all.
:(

Sounds like you have the wrong version. On the Smartphone it doesn't prompt you about the location to install when you run the installer on the desktop. It should wait and ask you on the phone. So, my guess is that you have a Pocket PC installer. :)

Jerry Raia
03-17-2006, 02:23 AM
Yeah I just tried it. Not for Smartphones.

Guero_con_taco
03-17-2006, 02:44 AM
you mean the wrong version of minimo right? Ok, so it halfway installed it on my phone and used up storage on the phone but didn't install. So, seeing as I had nothing that I cared about on my phone that I couldnt get back from syncing with my outlook, I did a clear storage. Now, all is fine except when I tried to access my settings to get the stupid "get xpress mail" thing off my homescreen, it says it can't open the settings. Did I screw myself? By the way, I did get all my #'s and appointments back on. PLzz help fast , thanks again for the help friends.

Jerry Raia
03-17-2006, 02:53 AM
The only version they have seems to be for Pocket PC only. It may have halfway installed for you, I can't know for sure but it is such an early version that I wouldn't hope too much that it would work. At this point with what you are describing you might have to do a hard reset and start over. :(

Guero_con_taco
03-17-2006, 02:58 AM
how do I do a hard reset on a 2125? just take the battery out? while the phone is on or off?

Jerry Raia
03-17-2006, 03:06 AM
Start > Accessories > Clear Storage

Follow the prompts.

Guero_con_taco
03-17-2006, 03:25 AM
Funny, I did that originally and thats what broke it. Tried it again and its all ok now. Thanks very much sir

Jerry Raia
03-17-2006, 03:36 AM
My pleasure, get used to hard resets. :)

Guero_con_taco
03-17-2006, 03:39 AM
ok now i am trying to install the clear vue thing to my phone's SD card but it still won't let me choose the destination. The checkbox is checked and grayed out. This cool 1gb chip I got is looking pretty worthless if I cant run software from it. This is the software that came with the phone so I know that it has to be the right version. Please Help :x

Jerry Raia
03-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Which box where is checked and grayed out? On your PC or on the phone itself?

Guero_con_taco
03-18-2006, 06:31 PM
on the PC, there is a box that says something like "install program to default installation folder" that is grayed out. And my phone doesnt say anything either becuase i havent clicked install becasue if I do it'll start tha process of putting it on my phone. :cry:

Jerry Raia
03-18-2006, 07:56 PM
No worries, in WM5 (like your 2125) the choice is made on the device not on the PC. What version of Active Sync are you using? It should be 4.1