View Full Version : Problem with installed applications on i300

savvase
03-14-2006, 02:05 AM
Hi I am using a Samsung i300 and I have installed some applications to the memory card and when I restart my phone the application icons doesn’t show but the applications work fine can anybody tell me why is this happening and how I can format my phone. Thanks

Mike Temporale
03-14-2006, 02:47 AM
One of the problems with installing applications to a storage card is that the card is slower to access than regular memory. It sounds like the i300 is a little slower than the rest of the phones out there. If the icon is that important to you, I would install the application in the phone's memory and not the storage card.

As for formating the phone, do you mean a hard reset? I'm not sure how to do that on the i300, but it should come up on a Google search. ;)

savvase
03-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the reply, as for installing them into the phone memory it’s not possible because they would take the entire memory, as for the format I mean hard reset thanks again.

edgar
03-14-2006, 07:26 PM
Funny how technology's problems come back around and history repeats.

I remember back in the old DOS days (yes, I'm THAT old) when Windows first came out, MS had to add a option flag in the config.ini file that created a pause before launching the next program during startup. You could set it from 0 to 30 seconds. This suposedly allowed the first service to fully load before the next, dependant software loaded.

Wonder if Ctitanic, Alex Kac or one or those other App geeks can create a small program that does nothing but pause for 5 seconds before loading the Today screen. This would give enough time for the cards to power up and load.

Hate to slow down startup even 1 more second - but not having access to your icons also sucks.

I suppose, if you dont restart your phone too much, you can just go to the Today screen options, change something, change it back and Today and plugins will refresh with the correct icons should be there. But heck that takes longer than the 5-10 second delay program :)

-Edgar_