View Full Version : Please help! I've trouble with my imate/ sd card!!

banana bomb
03-12-2006, 11:19 PM
Hi, I've had my imate jam since last september and I recently bought a 1gb SD memory card. It worked fine for a month or so, but has now just vanished. I can't seem to see it with my phone at all. I thought it was the cards fault, since its new, but I tested it in my brothers pda and it works fine. So i thought about hard resetting my phone. I'm not 100% sure i did it correctly, but it didnt work. Where it should appear to start up and promt a question of some sort, it does nothing. I can't see the memory card using my imate to save my life! please help me, I feel like I've wasted loads of money :(

Kris Kumar
03-13-2006, 01:41 AM
If the hard reset didnt do the trick, I would suspect the contacts on the phone. Try cleaning them and make sure they are making proper contact, all the pins should be raised.

Jerry Raia
03-13-2006, 03:52 AM
I have had SD cards be readable in one device and not another. I just had this happen. My laptop couldn't read it but my PDA could see the files. Yet the card was obviously corrupted. I was able to reformat it with my desktop PC however. In other words, anything is possible.