View Full Version : T-Mobile SDA issues

bshpmark
03-11-2006, 07:21 AM
I just purchased a T-Mobile SDA and am having some issues that I wonder if anyone can help with.

1. I have installed a couple of alarm clock programs and then deleted them from the phone using the remove programs option. HOWEVER, an icon still stays on the phone for the program. It is not the same icon that was with the program but rather a generic Windows icon with the program name. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get rid of these icons.

2. I am having a dickens of a time with Active Sync. After every couple of syncs I have to uninstall Active Sync from my PC and re-install it in order to do another sync operation. I have a fairly new PC with Windows XP, plenty of memory, etc etc and am not a computer novice. What is interesting about this is that on one attempt, I was also installing a Bible program on the phone. The software actually installed on the phone but Active Sync just kept saying "connecting" and never got out of the loop and never did a sync with Outlook.

Other than the joystick which is a real pain and the fact that I hate the music button placement, I like the SDA. I just need to get these two problems fixed.

Mike Temporale
03-11-2006, 06:16 PM
1. I have installed a couple of alarm clock programs and then deleted them from the phone using the remove programs option. HOWEVER, an icon still stays on the phone for the program. It is not the same icon that was with the program but rather a generic Windows icon with the program name. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get rid of these icons.

Sounds like the uninstaller might have failed to remove the link file. Check in \\Windows\Start Menu\ (I think ) and see if it's in there. If so just delete it.

2. I am having a dickens of a time with Active Sync. After every couple of syncs I have to uninstall Active Sync from my PC and re-install it in order to do another sync operation. I have a fairly new PC with Windows XP, plenty of memory, etc etc and am not a computer novice. What is interesting about this is that on one attempt, I was also installing a Bible program on the phone. The software actually installed on the phone but Active Sync just kept saying "connecting" and never got out of the loop and never did a sync with Outlook.

Next time you have a problem, turn off your firewall and see if it helps things out. Then let us know. :D

Other than the joystick which is a real pain and the fact that I hate the music button placement, I like the SDA. I just need to get these two problems fixed.

Ha! if you don't like that joystick, you should see the old rocker switch. Some people really hated that. ;)

bshpmark
03-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Tnanks! Both problems appear fixed now. The icons are gone for sure. I had to turn off Zone Alarm and virus scanning on the PC and as long as I do that Active Sync works fine.

Much appreciate the help!