View Full Version : Fox Mobile Serves Up Mobizzo Media Service

Jerry Raia
03-03-2006, 01:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://mobileanalystwatch.blogspot.com/2006/03/fox-mobile-serves-up-mobizzo-media.html' target='_blank'>http://mobileanalystwatch.blogspot.com/2006/03/fox-mobile-serves-up-mobizzo-media.html</a><br /><br /></div><i>"TechNewsWorld reports that Fox Mobile Entertainment will launch a mobile video service called Mobizzo. According to the article, "the service will offer games, music, mobile phone wallpaper and ringtones, including Fox programming such as episodes of Family Guy and films like Napoleon Dynamite." Fox Mobile plans to "launch a multi-million dollar consumer marketing campaign for Mobizzo," and will "produce its own specialized content, such as specially designed "Mobisodes" of the original series "24: Conspiracy," inspired by the hit TV show "24," and more." Mobizzo will charge around $2-3 dollars for each product with monthly subscriptions to content averaging about $6 a month. The service will be available to Cingular and T-Mobile customers."</i><br /><br />I just don't get this stuff. Maybe it's because I don't watch more than an hour of TV a week if that. I just can't see staring at my phone for an hour to watch cartoons. How many of you are into this?

Rocco Augusto
03-03-2006, 03:42 AM
i use a combination of orb media and microsoft media center. with that setup i can watch either live tv or my recorded tv shows anywhere with a EDGE/GPRS connection.

its great for downtime when you have nothing else to do or don't feel like working. its also great for streaming music for when my 1GB miniSD card is full but i want to listen to any of my albums on the go.

Mike Temporale
03-03-2006, 05:04 AM
I don't, but I wouldn't mind a nice automated way to cut/compress recorded content onto my phone. I'm not really interested in streaming it over the net. I would rather take it with me. :D

Rocco Augusto
03-04-2006, 01:48 AM
I don't, but I wouldn't mind a nice automated way to cut/compress recorded content onto my phone. I'm not really interested in streaming it over the net. I would rather take it with me. :D

im working on a one step process for virtual dub and WM5, i just have to do it all over form scratch because my laptop was stolen :(

now that february is over ill have time to actually sit down and hammer something out.