View Full Version : Anyone here use Groupwise w/ the smartphone?

gai-jin
03-02-2006, 02:29 AM
I've recently started working with a new company, where we use Groupwise instead of Outlook/Exchange.

I'd like to get my personal outlook calendar and my work groupwise calendar both sync'd to my phone.

In order to sync my 5600 to groupwise, I connected my personal laptop to the company network and installed groupwise. In the process, outlook was configured with a new profile to use all the groupwise data instead of my previous data store. (I didn't know outlook could work with groupwise!)

Unfortunately, I had my phone plugged in at the time, so activesync immediately synced all the groupwise data to my phone and removed the previous data.

I putzed around with having both my personal accounts and groupwise configured in outlook, but never got it working quite right. And I don't think I can use just the groupwise calendar, since my laptop isn't on the work network most of the time. I could get the info on connecting to work via vpn, but That's really not necessary... I'd just like to be able to connect occasionally to work to get meetings and things synced to my phone. I don't have a lot of meetings or schedule changes at work, so syncing with that data once every couple of weeks should work fine.

I also considered Intellisync, but I was advised that it doesn't work with AS 4.1.

Also, I just got a 2125 -- does this still have the limitation of only being able to sync to one PC?

I know I got to rambling... but if anyone else has experience dealing with groupwise in a similar situation, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Gai-jin

wetzelc
11-28-2007, 09:20 PM
I have found the same issue with my Samsung Blackjack (windows mobile 6) and GroupWise 6.5 there are a few applications on the Novell website with the least expensive being close to $300 a year and going up from there however I was told in GroupWise 7 the issue is resolved and you dont need a third party application for the smartphone version of windows mobile 6 to synchronize. So I am yet to find out if that works since the upgrade to Netware 7 isnt for a few months yet here and by then I will probably have a whole new phone and new set of problems synching that one.....how it goes in the IT Industry:rolleyes:.