View Full Version : spv c600 Default Contacts

str8rydder
02-18-2006, 04:33 AM
I recently got the spv c600, which should be the same as the Cingular 2125, except for the wireless capability. I previously used the spv c500 and could easily change the default calling number for any contact. However, I can't do the same with my new c600. Infact, I can not find a way to change the default calling number for any of my contacts. Anyone know how to solve this?

Mike Temporale
02-18-2006, 05:28 AM
Hey... good question. What happened to that? It was there, but I can't find it now. :(

Rocco Augusto
02-18-2006, 10:16 PM
I recently got the spv c600, which should be the same as the Cingular 2125, except for the wireless capability. I previously used the spv c500 and could easily change the default calling number for any contact. However, I can't do the same with my new c600. Infact, I can not find a way to change the default calling number for any of my contacts. Anyone know how to solve this?

when highlighting the name in your contact list hit the left/right directional keys to change the default number that will be called. you should see the little indicator on the right hand side of the contact change (i.e. h to w, w to m, m to txt, etc) :)

Mike Temporale
02-19-2006, 02:17 AM
Right, but that doesn't change the default number. It only changes the action that will be preformed on it when you press action.

When you set the default number, it becomes the one that is searched when you user SmartDial and it is also the number that the contact is defaulted to when you pull it up. You used to be able to set this on 2003SE. I can't seem to find it on WinMo5. I'll look some more tonight.

Rocco Augusto
02-19-2006, 02:45 AM
Right, but that doesn't change the default number. It only changes the action that will be preformed on it when you press action.

on my 2125 it does appear to change the default number. im not sure if it would be different on the SP5m (mikes phone) or the c600. ive tested it a couple times on some of the numbers in my phone book.

if someone else can try it and verify that im not insane i would really appreciate it :)

here is what i did:

(FROM HOMESCREEN)
-- Pressed right soft key for CONTACTS
-- Highlighted contact I wanted to change
-- Pressed LEFT/RIGHT directional key until I found new default number
-- Pressed RED KEY to get to homescreen
-- Dialed new default number of contact to test

it is totally possible that I am insane since I am not near my phone at the moment to double check it but im 100% positive that using this method would change the default number for a contact... but chances are im most likely crazy :lol:

Mike Temporale
02-19-2006, 03:15 AM
Hrm. That appears to work. Not really intuitive. I like the old Win2003 way of doing it better:

(FROM HOMESCREEN)
- Pressed right soft key for CONTACTS
- Highlighted contact I wanted to change
- Press Action
- Highlight number to make default
- Press Menu / Set as Default

Rocco Augusto
02-19-2006, 03:21 AM
Hrm. That appears to work...

woohoo, im not insane! :lol: 8)