View Full Version : Anyone interested in leather case or silicone skin for Cingular 2125

LHBALESJR
02-14-2006, 01:10 AM
I have searched everywhere for a silicone skin or a leather case (not a holster) for my Cingular 2125, but it would appear that none are currently available. I have written to both Boxwave (who makes a silicone skin that is not sticky!) and to Krusell (who makes leather cases). Both companies seem to decide whether or not to offer a case for a particular device based on the number of requests they get. I have alreay submitted my request and thought I would post here in case anyone else is interested. The more requests they get, the more likely they are to offer a product for the Cingular 2125.

Message I received from Boxwave:

Dear BoxWave Customer,

Thank you for your product request!

We are currently developing our FlexiSkin for new models, so we appreciate your
suggestion since we develop our products based on the number of requests we receive
for a particular model.

We will let you know when the FlexiSkin does become available for your unit.
Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Best Regards,

Suzanne
Boxwave Corporation
www.boxwave.com

I received a similar message from Krusell. I have purchased two cases from Krusell for two different Dell Axim's and they are very good quality at a reasonable price. I am really interested in the Classic MultiDapt case. This case is the type that stays on the device and not a holster or slip style case.

Krusell's website is www.krusell.se

Thanks

Mike Temporale
02-14-2006, 02:18 AM
I wonder how a silicone case would fit over that hump. ;)

That phone is also extremely new. It's rare that they make cases for something so new. It usually takes 3 months or so. At least that's what I would expect.

LHBALESJR
02-14-2006, 06:31 AM
I wonder how a silicone case would fit over that hump. ;)

That phone is also extremely new. It's rare that they make cases for something so new. It usually takes 3 months or so. At least that's what I would expect.

Yea, I was kind of afraid of that. I normally don't buy a gadget that is so new that there are no accessories available. The Dell Axim X50v I use had been out for about 5 months before I got mine and by that time there were quite a few cases available. My office had just provided me with a new Razor V3 but I quickly realized that the Razor, as cool as it looks, was very limited as far as the number of contacts that could be stored. I have a little over 600 contacts (customers, suppliers, etc.) and the Razor stored each phone number, email address, fax ect. as a separate entry. I could only get about a third of my contacts stored. I also use the call history log extensively and the Razor only kept the last 10 dialed and received. I had to do something within the 30 day period with Cingular so I ended up with the 2125. I had to come up with an extra $50, which was the difference between what they paid for the Razor and what the 2125 costs after the rebate. It is definately worth the difference. I just want to find some way to protect my investment before it ends up scratched up or broken. I was hoping that a few others on this site might be interested and could email Krusell or Boxwave so they could see that there will be a market for cases for this phone.

You mentioned the hump and how a case would work with it. I had a Nokia 6360 about three years ago and its top was shaped a lot like the 2125. I had a nice leather case that fit just fine on it. I even tried using it with the 2125 but its about a third too big. I've never used a silicone case, but the model from Boxwave is supposed to be a lot better as far as staying clean and not picking up a lot of lint and dust. My preference is really a leather case but I will probably buy the first one that comes out.

Anyway, I hope lots of people on this site will email these guys so they can get started on some cases for this phone.

Thanks

LHBALESJR
02-28-2006, 06:09 AM
Nothing yet from Krusell or Boxwave, but I just received this email from JAVOedge. They are the ones who make a silicone skin that isn't as sticky, so it's not supposed to pick up as much lint and dust. Thought I would pass this on for anyone looking for protection for their Cingular 2125. Hopefully it won't be too long.

Hello L,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We are currently developing a skin case for the Cingular 2125. If you and
your friends/co-workers wish to be notified by email of when this will be
released please feel free to sign up for our newsletter at www.javoedge.com.

Best regards,

Alan K.
JAVOedge Customer Service
Web Store: www.JAVOedge.com
Return and Shipping Policies
FAQ Page *check here first for tech support*
Order Status