View Full Version : Pocket PC Media Player to Bluetooth Headphones Help

tmmanson
02-09-2006, 10:03 PM
I have been searching the web and cannot find what I need to link by Bluetooth headphones to my smartphone Pocket PC Multimedia mp3 player. I can get it to communicate via bluetooth in phone mode, (the headphones have a mic as well), but I cannot seam to find a way to play my MP3s via the bluetooth headphones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sven Johannsen
02-09-2006, 10:21 PM
You need for the Smartphone to support a BT profile it doesn't have. The stereo profile, actually called the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile, or A2DP, isn't one that is included in any WM device that I am aware of. HP sells a BT stereo headset and has an A2DP implementation you can load on it's PPCs, and it works on some other brands (Dell), but it is an extension to the Broadcom (widcomm) BT stack. That just means if you have the MS stack, you are pretty much out of luck.

On a phone I think the only current option is to get a BT stereo Transmitter that plugs into the headphone jack.

The upcoming AKU2 from SM/device vendors is supposed to include A2DP for WM5 devices, but it isn't a given that every device will be offerred the update.

What device do you have BTW?

tmmanson
02-09-2006, 11:29 PM
Audiovox xv6600
is that any help?

I love the fact that this gadget does everything. I'd hate to think that it has this one restriction.

Thanks for the help.

Sven Johannsen
02-10-2006, 02:12 AM
Actually that's not a Smartphone. It's a PocketPC Phone Edition. My info above stands, but there is the possibility that HP's driver might work. You might ask at the sister site PocketPCThoughts if anyone has tried it. If when you open the BT Manager, and select New, you get a list of things you can do, like attach to a headset, Active sync, connect to a PC, with icons and descriptions, you are likely running a Widcom/Broadcom BT implementation and the HP stuff might work.

I'd certainly backup before trying.

tmmanson
02-11-2006, 03:16 AM
Do you have a link to the HP driver installation package?

Thanks again.

Sven Johannsen
02-11-2006, 05:15 AM
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/handhelds/us/download/22475.html

Use at your own risk, other assorted caveats, backup first.
I dodn't recall if I got the cab off an aborted AS install or just got it out of the install exe with winzip. I am pretty sure it is not just going to install on a none HP device though. I did run it on a Dell X50 though.