View Full Version : Any way to modify screen 2?

tripy
02-07-2006, 04:56 AM
I apoligize if this has been covered, but I cant seem find the answer to this.

From what I can tell everyone seems to be able to modify the home screen, but I havent seen a true theme that changes all screens and sub-menus. Thats actually fine with me as from what I can see the XML editing looks a little hairy.

I found a homescreen from kleinweder that I thought was unreal, and this is it:
http://img4.picsplace.to/img4/19/ScreenShot001.jpg

but the menu page looks like this:
http://img4.picsplace.to/img4/19/ScreenShot002.jpg

Its driving me nuts..how do I chage it to something else? If I make my own image where do I put it? Lastly, if I have to edit the XML whats the text that I have to change?

Thanks in advance for the help[/list]

juni
02-07-2006, 08:49 AM
Create the image you want for the start menu background. It should be 240x266 pixels (This is for wm5 QVGA devices). Name it startmenubg.bmp.

How to set the start menu background image:

In a registry editor go to this key:

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSStart

Check if you have an entry called "BKBitmapFile". If you do not, create a new "String" value.
Name : BKBitmapFile
Value data: \Application Data\Home\startmenubg.bmp

Add the following lines to the same key :MSStart

a Dword value with the name BKBitmapLogPixelsX and the data value 131 in decimal
a Dword value with the name BKBitmapLogPixelsY and the data value 131 in decimal
a Dword value with the name BKBitmapTransparent and the data value 16711935 in decimal (or FF00FF in hexa )
a Dword value with the name BKDefaultGradient and the data value 1 in decimal
a Dword value with the name BKFlags and the data value 26 in decimal
and finally a String value with the name BKUnselected and the value data COLOR_ALERTWINDOW

Copy startmenubg.bmp to

\Application Data\Home\

Soft-reset your device.

You only have to do the registry modifications once - after that you can just put a bmp image to \Application Data\Home\ named startmenubg.bmp and soft-reset to have it show up. :)

tripy
02-09-2006, 04:12 AM
Thanks for the reply, Ill check it out.

Is this and other information like it on the forums here?

Mike Temporale
02-09-2006, 02:17 PM
There's lots of info in the forums here. If you don't find what you're looking for, just ask. :)

tripy
02-19-2006, 05:20 AM
worked like a charm....awesome!!

Thank again.