View Full Version : Appointment Alarm

racerx
02-06-2006, 03:47 AM
Got a new 2125 this week. Long time PPC user and am pleasently suprised at how well it handles many of my needs. One thing that I fail to figure out though is the appointment alarm. Beeps once. That's it. Isn't there any way that this can be changed? Even if I can just change the "beep" tone, I'd be happy with that. Is this possible? If not, its quite lame for what would otherwise be a very capable device.
Thanks for the help.
</RacerX>

Mike Temporale
02-06-2006, 05:15 AM
Much like the PPC, the alarm options are somewhat limiting.

You can change the beep to something a little more meaningful - Start \ Settings \ Sounds and you can change it to something better. :D

racerx
02-06-2006, 04:46 PM
That's what I thought. Its the Reminders setting under Sounds, right? Well, I've set that to several tones. The first was a repeating sound that I made back in the early PPC days when alarms didn't repeat that went for like 10 seconds or so. Its a wave file, so I figured that would work. Still get a simple beep. So then I tried a couple of other ones that came with the unit, but the thing still does a simple beep. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help!
</RacerX>

Jerry Raia
02-06-2006, 06:27 PM
I've yet to see a lucid explanation for why alarms seem to be such an elusive thing on Windows Mobile. I mean we can send men to the moon right? :lol:

Mike Temporale
02-06-2006, 10:19 PM
It depends on what's causing the beep. Is this a calendar appointment, or is it a alarm clock?

racerx
02-06-2006, 11:22 PM
The beep I'm looking to change is the APPOINTMENT reminder. I've got pTravel alarm for alarms (which works great by the way, even though its not QVGA yet).
Thanks for the help!
</RacerX>

racerx
02-08-2006, 05:17 PM
So here's the latest update. On the 2125, if you're using Xpress Mail with their calendar, the Xpress Calendar doesn't tie into the built-in calendar - its its own separate app. And apparently, Seven (the people who make the app for Cingular) doesn't call the Reminders event for a reminder, but just beeps. So if you want something more than a beep, you have to synh your calendar with your Outlook and NOT use Xpress Calendar. Oh well...

</RacerX>

encece
02-09-2006, 04:27 AM
Try this:
http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=231201&view=findpost&p=686010

Mike Temporale
02-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Try this:
http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=231201&view=findpost&p=686010

I don't think that's going to be of much help. Racer is talking about the sound played by ExpressMail, not the default alarm. It's an XpressMail issue.

Racer, one thing to try, is look around the program files folder for XpressMails files. See if you can locate a WAV or MID file that contains the beep which is played. Then you can swap it out to something different. However, they might not be using a WAV file. I'm thinking they just issues the "Beep" command in their application. :(

racerx
02-09-2006, 08:08 PM
No go on the wave file (good thought though). Guess it just calls the system beep. Kind of big goof if you ask me since it only beeps once and never repeats. I almost returned the unit thinking that this would never replace my iPAQ as a calendar before I realized that I wasn't using the core calendar. Don't understand why they don't just sync it to the built-in calendar anyway. If you use XpressMail Calendar, you can't use Papyrus either...

Thanks for the help!

</RacerX>