View Full Version : Cingular 2125 bug. Deleting Mail Accounts...

encece
02-03-2006, 07:31 AM
I talked my boss into getting a Cingular 2125 as he was looking for a phone that worked with his BMW handsfree car kit.

I was helping him set it up. While we were deleting the extra pre-installed mail accounts like earthlink and bellsouth, I noticed that after deleting, the wrong one disappears from the screen. For example, I deleted the earthlink account, and the Outlook Email account disappeared from the list of accounts. It was still there, just deleted from the list. VERY STRANGE!!!!

cylon
02-03-2006, 09:19 AM
It comes back (the Outlook account) after you activesync)

Cylon

encece
02-03-2006, 09:27 AM
I didnt actually delete the Outlook account. I deleted the earthlink account. But on the account options screen, after deleting the earthlink account it appeared as if I deleted the Outlook account....incorrectly.

When I then deleted the BellSouth account....all other accounts disappeared from the list except for Text Messaging and MMS. Definitely a bug.

Mike Temporale
02-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Sounds like Outlook Mobile is expecting to find a certian number of standard accounts and it acts funny when it doesn't find them. :S

I dislike all those built-in accounts and I'm made it know to Microsoft a couple times. It's fine to add them in there as a default, but it should be easy to remove them. I don't sync mail with my desktop, I don't read my Hotmail account on my phone - I should be able to remove those. And since I can't (easily) it wastes 2 account slots. :evil:

(Note - Yes, you can manual rip the accounts out, but it's not something the average user would feel comfortable doing).

xultar
02-03-2006, 04:26 PM
It has happened to me as well. Scared the bejebus out of me the first time.

Jerry Raia
02-03-2006, 06:09 PM
I had no problems deleting all those silly things. The only thing that happened was the Hotmail account I created disappeared for a while but came back. :lol:

encece
02-03-2006, 09:53 PM
I think the hotmail account is created by and linked to PocketMSN.

Jerry Raia
02-03-2006, 11:29 PM
Yes that seems to be the case, I had created it myself using HTTPmail and then it disappeared. After using pocket msn it reappeared. :)