View Full Version : It has happened again................

surfer
01-27-2006, 09:14 PM
My MPX220 crapped out on me once. It's right now at a Motorola service center beeing fixed. They are quoting me 4-5 weeks in repair time..... ouch............................ Don't know what to do.... Jerry since you are the official Mpx220 expert here what would you do? Aswell as all you other experts? :D

Mike Temporale
01-27-2006, 09:18 PM
4-5 weeks, Ouch! What's wrong this time? Same as last?

I just got my first MPx220 (yes, I have never had one until now) up and running. I really like the look and feel of the phone. I haven't flashed it yet or anything, so I can't comment on the internal ROM issues. But overall, I can see why so many people like the phone.

surfer
01-27-2006, 11:15 PM
4-5 weeks, Ouch! What's wrong this time? Same as last?

I just got my first MPx220 (yes, I have never had one until now) up and running. I really like the look and feel of the phone. I haven't flashed it yet or anything, so I can't comment on the internal ROM issues. But overall, I can see why so many people like the phone.

No sound, completll frooze (had to remove battery) no network (when my razor at the sampe place had full signal). I asked them to uppdate it to the latest rom version , so it's going to be fun to see what version I will get back. So now im back to a dumb phone :(

surfer
01-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Well im looking for a cheap backup smartphone, anyone know where I can get one? Mike,
Still planning on selling that SPV C500?

echosmyron
01-31-2006, 05:28 PM
I really like the look and feel of the phone. I haven't flashed it yet or anything, so I can't comment on the internal ROM issues. But overall, I can see why so many people like the phone.

I'm happy with my MPx220 so far. Flashed to 1.47 recently and everything is working nicely. :rock on dude!:

Jerry Raia
01-31-2006, 11:21 PM
One day this scourge of the MPx220 will be over and just an unpleasant memory. I, like others, liked the way the phone was made externally. A great looking phone, great form factor. Personally, as soon as it comes back, I would put it on ebay and get rid of it. Get your self a new WM5 phone and live again. :D

Mike Temporale
02-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Mike,
Still planning on selling that SPV C500?

Actually, Yes I am. (Sorry for the delay, I forgot to reply to this) Send me an email from the contact page and we can talk.

surfer
02-21-2006, 03:39 AM
Well guys.. Got it back early from service... Went to Miami on vacation three days ago.. Guess what happened? I got the same problem :? Don't know what to do actually. ...

Mike Temporale
02-21-2006, 04:08 AM
Well guys.. Got it back early from service... Went to Miami on vacation three days ago.. Guess what happened? I got the same problem :? Don't know what to do actually. ...

Did you actually pay for this "service"? If so, I would be asking for my money back! Sounds like something is really goofy inside you're phones hardware. :?

Mark Larson
02-21-2006, 06:02 AM
You can get a new SP3i from Expansys for $199. I'd do that, softening the blow by selling the MPX220.

surfer
02-21-2006, 01:45 PM

Did you actually pay for this "service"? If so, I would be asking for my money back! Sounds like something is really goofy inside you're phones hardware. :?

Well basicly what I did was yelled that this service should not take so long and I got it quicker :) But that smile changed soon :( Don't actually know what to do.Emailed my reseller I bought it from he said the only option were to send it in once again. This is te last time I buy a Motorola.

Mike Temporale
02-21-2006, 01:56 PM
I would gently suggest that you're very unhappy with this device and the amount of time you have been down because of it's problems. And while you're happy to send it in again, your not happy with all the down time, repeated problems, and frustration that this problem has caused.

With any luck, maybe they'll offer you something for the hassle.

surfer
02-22-2006, 02:53 AM
I would gently suggest that you're very unhappy with this device and the amount of time you have been down because of it's problems. And while you're happy to send it in again, your not happy with all the down time, repeated problems, and frustration that this problem has caused.

With any luck, maybe they'll offer you something for the hassle.

It's tough. I really like it but I can be without the problems :evil:

surfer
03-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Talked to them yesterday.. The only option I have is to send it in :(

Jerry Raia
03-04-2006, 05:03 PM
I'll say it again, when it comes back put it on ebay. Get rid of it while it's still worth something and cut your losses.

cybdiver
05-02-2006, 03:13 PM
I really like the look and feel of the phone. I haven't flashed it yet or anything, so I can't comment on the internal ROM issues. But overall, I can see why so many people like the phone.

I'm happy with my MPx220 so far. Flashed to 1.47 recently and everything is working nicely. :rock on dude!:

1.47? I just got mine back from MOT in Febuarary and it's got only 1.43
When did 1.47 come out? Maybe it will fix the not working microphone issue.

What I am truly lacking in understanding is why MOT does not make these flashes available for download? Whats the big secret! If I could flash the phone it would say me alot of time and money, and save them a ton of money shipping the phones back and forth.

Jerry Raia
05-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Motorola at this point will probably deny the existence of the MPx220. I doubt you will see any more ROMs for it.

cybdiver
05-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Motorola at this point will probably deny the existence of the MPx220. I doubt you will see any more ROMs for it.

Too bad it has so many bugs. From a physical hardware point, it was fairly attractive, solidly made.
I guess it was too good to be true, they have not made anything similar.
Now they are concentrating on skinny phones.

It coulda been a contenda!

wilsonft
05-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Mike:

I'm a bit of a newb, so I apologize in advance. Where can I find out more about 1.47?

Tim

Mike Temporale
05-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Mike:

I'm a bit of a newb, so I apologize in advance. Where can I find out more about 1.47?

Tim

1.47 was never released by Motorola. You'll have to hunt around the net and find this yourself. We don't allow linking to illegal ROMs. ;)

John Cody
06-02-2006, 03:37 PM

Do you know what the difference is between 1.43 and the 1.47 ROM?

-John Cody