View Full Version : Deleting files on Storage card of SMT 5600

dmt
01-24-2006, 02:09 AM
after connecting via USB and syncing w/ activesync, I've had problems deleting files on the storage card via windows explorer and via activesync. I continually get an 'access denied' error message.

any of you run into this?

Kris Kumar
01-24-2006, 02:43 AM
Access Denied on the storage card? :? Nope never seen this one before. Is it "Storage Card" or simply "Storage"?

How about removing the storage card and then moving it on a card reader if you have one, and reading it directly, instead of thru ActiveSync and Smartphone.

Also are the filenames weird, like ThisFile$%#*)!.exe. I know one time couple of files got corrupted and I could not delete them. But that was I believe file not found error not access denied. :(

dmt
01-24-2006, 03:30 AM
Access Denied on the storage card? :? Nope never seen this one before. Is it "Storage Card" or simply "Storage"?

How about removing the storage card and then moving it on a card reader if you have one, and reading it directly, instead of thru ActiveSync and Smartphone.

Also are the filenames weird, like ThisFile$%#*)!.exe. I know one time couple of files got corrupted and I could not delete them. But that was I believe file not found error not access denied. :(

I've had to resort to removing the card and using a card reader. this works fine. yup, all file names seem normal on the storage card???

dmt
01-24-2006, 09:10 PM
I've stopped every app using task manager.
After playing with this for a while I've realized that can successfully delete the mp3's in a folder, but not the other files (i.e., album art etc). And, I have no problems deleting them if I remove the SD card and use a card reader.

http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~dmturrif/error.JPG

Jerry Raia
01-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Try using the built in file manager program on the phone. I've run into this before and the built program has always worked.