View Full Version : cases

saltysteve
01-23-2006, 06:57 AM
what case do you wrap your htc phone in?
and where did you get it? pics are nice if you have em

Mike Temporale
01-23-2006, 02:31 PM
Sadly, I don't have anything special. I would love to see vaja release a smartphone case. But I've given up bugging them on this. :(

For my SP5m, I use the case that came with my 5600. It's actually a lot better than the one that came with the SP5m. :roll:

Ken
01-23-2006, 05:13 PM
I rather like one that I found at Cingular. It is designed for the Moto ROKR, but it fits my 2125 well enough until I find something designed specifically for it. I find it much more usable than the horizontal style that is included with the 5600/2125 phones.

http://cingular.scp4me.com/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemNo=00051CW&make=MOTOROLA&model=ROKR%20E1&ProductClass=CARRYING

You actually get two cases of the same size (like the top picture), one in black and one in silver. The phone does "peek" out the top a bit, the case covers up to and including the brand and model lettering in front (Cingular 2125).

Upsides:
Soft inside material doesn't scratch the phone
Fits the phone snugly
Easy to retreive/insert the phone with one hand
Rigid, secure belt clip (I prefer this style over rotating, removable clips)
Inexpensive - two cases for $20

Downsides:
Not a complete cover (some may prefer this)
Cingular logo on the front (maybe not a problem for Cingular users)
Sliding the phone in and out of the case will activate buttons or joystick (I always keylock my phone first)

<k>

MitchellO
01-24-2006, 04:18 AM
Thats actually quite a nice case.

If I did get a case, it would be a slip one that I take off when using the phone. That one looks quite nice too.

ARW
01-24-2006, 07:13 PM
For my SP5m I use a flexskin over my phone and then use the holster case that came with the phone. Not perfect, as I'd like a vertical holster, but it works. If I run across something better I'd probably buy it.