View Full Version : How to stop the red end button from ending the data conn on 2125?

richard371
01-17-2006, 10:01 PM
When I run IM apps and hit the end button it drops my data session. This is frustrating becasue I have data apps running in the background and to lock the phone etc I hit the end button.

Mike Temporale
01-18-2006, 02:10 AM
The solution is easy, don't push the end key. ;)

Well it's not really that easy, but it does relate back to that idea. Use the home key to move around. I always used the end key to return to the home screen and lock the phone, and I ended up with loads of headaches dealing with dropped data connections. I only use the end key to A) hang up a call, and B) when on the home screen - lock the phone. And I don't do the second one very often anymore. Thanks to Maniac's auto-lock application. (found here (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9859)) I have it set to 3 minutes and it works like a charm. :D

stumpy
01-20-2006, 01:54 AM
I did find a solution for you. I have added a long_camera.lnk so now when I hold the camera button down the quicklist appears and now you can lock your phone and the E is still running. Basicaly I created a shortcut of quickapp.exe which is in the \windows directory. The shortcut will be quickapp.lnk then rename it to long_camera.lnk. You can also do this with any applications. I have not found the application that just locks the phone. Let me know if you have any questions.