View Full Version : Active Sync 4.1 - Rename Device?

zrdan
01-17-2006, 12:50 AM
I have a 2125 and I'm using Active Sync 4.1 to sync to my Home PC and my laptop (with USB cable). Sync works fine, but I keep being prompted by Active Sync to rename my device because another device is using this name. This happens on both my PC and my Laptop daily.

This never happened with my old SMT 5600 and Active Sync 3.8. Anyone have an ideas?

Mike Temporale
01-17-2006, 02:04 AM
I would try to delete the partnership. It's a menu option on ActiveSync (PC) - "File \ Delete Mobile Device". Then the next time you connect it should walk through the setup and be fine.

Sven Johannsen
01-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Is it just prompting for a name change? It's not asking to create a new partnership each time you switch PCs?

zrdan
01-21-2006, 05:41 AM
I deleted all partnerships on both my home PC and my laptop....problem is gone. Thanks

sojourner753
05-25-2006, 01:59 PM
When I set up the partnership for the first time it didn't give me the oppurtunity to put in a device name, it make up a very ugly one itself.

I know on PPCs I can put in a device name on the PPC. Then AS will pick it up. Is there a way to do this on the smarphone (read: Cingular 2125).

Mike Temporale
05-25-2006, 02:20 PM
When I set up the partnership for the first time it didn't give me the oppurtunity to put in a device name, it make up a very ugly one itself.

I know on PPCs I can put in a device name on the PPC. Then AS will pick it up. Is there a way to do this on the smarphone (read: Cingular 2125).

It used to do that in older versions. But it's been taken out in Windows Mobile 5 (for both PPC and SP, I think). Anyway, it's a simple registry change. Check out this post (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4895) for more details. ;)