View Full Version : Is it possible to modify Vibrate duration?

aarcam
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
I was wondering if it is possible to alter the vibration alert, specifically how long each vibrate lasts. What I am getting at is that on my previous Sony Eriksson T637 a message notification (text or voicemail) was 3 quick vibrations and an incoming call was a longer vibration. With WM5 they all seem to be the same.

If I put my SP5 on vibrate then ring (my preferred ring type) I don’t know if it is a call or txt or whatever unless I pull it out or hear my ringer. I was quite fond of the instant recognition of knowing what I had received, allowing me to be able to choose to go for my phone or to silence the ringer or whatever the situation dictates without ever having to hear or take out my phone.

A minor annoyance, but all the same I would like to know if this has been done. Thanks.

Jerry Raia
01-17-2006, 12:46 AM
I've see registry hacks on MoDaCo (http://www.modaco.com) that might be what you are looking for. You will have to search around for them though.

Mike Temporale
01-17-2006, 02:02 AM
If I put my SP5 on vibrate then ring (my preferred ring type) .

Why not just use Vibrate AND Ring? Then you get the best of both worlds? That's my preferred ring type. :D

aarcam
01-17-2006, 07:33 AM
Thanks guys. I have seen most of the hacks at MoDaCo but I have not found one that does what I am talking about, well that I am aware of anyway. Ill let you know what I dig up...

Why not just use Vibrate AND Ring? Then you get the best of both worlds? That's my preferred ring type. :D

What can I say, I am the silent type. I may switch to that, but at the same time I think SE really nailed it and was hoping that the ever customizalbe 'smartphone' would allow for such tailoring. I am sure I will live. :D

Jerry Raia
01-17-2006, 02:43 PM
I use vibrate only 90% of the time as well.

frost
02-03-2006, 12:50 AM
I really like the Vibrate mode on high. It's powerful enough that I don't miss calls, yet not annoying when it goes off.