View Full Version : Right Menu

cease0828
01-09-2006, 04:32 AM
If you haven't tried Right Menu, give a try. I like it because it puts any executable you want on the soft key; when you hit the soft key, your list pops up, and Restart is one of the choices you can add to the Right Menu button of the Home screen. And it's fast.

juni
01-09-2006, 07:27 AM
I hardly ever have to restart the Qtek 8310 (I think I've doen it once). Is this a common problem with smartphones?

cease0828
01-09-2006, 01:50 PM
I hardly ever have to restart the Qtek 8310 (I think I've doen it once). Is this a common problem with smartphones?
No it's not a common problem, I do it to clear out memory which can slow things down as you run programs. Having a restart frees up the memory, things run smoother/faster. Restart is faster than shutdown and turning it back on.

Mike Temporale
01-09-2006, 02:36 PM
I hardly ever reset as well. I just don't feel the need. Windows Mobile 5 is much better at releasing memory than 2003SE was. I found that I would have to run a third party tool, or restart to claim so memory back - especially after a couple weeks of running. But now, WinMo5 does a great job and I haven't felt the need to do that anymore.

So, does this program change the contacts button to be a restart button? What if you hit it by mistake... Oh, that would suck. :?

Sven Johannsen
01-09-2006, 03:17 PM
If someone could figure out how to change either menu to "Start", I'd appreciate that. People have been asking for a "New" option as well. The ability to attach pretty much any executable to the soft keys has been documented and incorporated into reg management software. Problem is that the New menu and Start aren't executables.

Edit: well this post made a lot of sense. I have been using the K-Jam as my primary 'phone' and PPC for a while now and am thinking of it as a phone and forgot where I was.

cease0828
01-09-2006, 03:29 PM
I hardly ever reset as well. I just don't feel the need. Windows Mobile 5 is much better at releasing memory than 2003SE was. I found that I would have to run a third party tool, or restart to claim so memory back - especially after a couple weeks of running. But now, WinMo5 does a great job and I haven't felt the need to do that anymore.

So, does this program change the contacts button to be a restart button? What if you hit it by mistake... Oh, that would suck. :?
Right menu lets you assign any executible to the opening screen right soft key. Essentially when you hit the right key, the list you've assigned pops up, you select what you want. Contacts remains one of the choices. Restart, Shutdown are functions you can also assign. Try the trial; works great.

Mike Temporale
01-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Ok, so you're not remapping that button directly to restart. Cool.

Got a link for it?

cease0828
01-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Ok, so you're not remapping that button directly to restart. Cool.

Got a link for it?
Here's a link; you can buy directly; gives you a registered version.
http://login.mycnknow.com

Mike Temporale
01-11-2006, 02:34 AM
I didn't see anything there about Right Menu. I found this link over at our Affiliate store: http://www.smartphone.net/smartphonethoughts/software_detail.asp?id=1744 Even has a pretty picture of the app running too. :)

juni
01-11-2006, 06:54 AM
OK, now it makes more sense. You can put anything on the right softkey, even a menu :). Does it work on wm5 devices?