View Full Version : my sp5m locked itself, help

annyksa
01-04-2006, 12:36 PM
My 2 week old sp5m locked itself suddenly, it was working fine, then locked, i was not able to use the phone or any buttons on it, i click the unlock button and it won;t do a thing, any ideas on this?
thanks alot:)

Kris Kumar
01-04-2006, 12:37 PM
The first thing that comes to mind is to take the battery out and keep it out for a couple of seconds.

annyksa
01-04-2006, 01:45 PM
yes, i did remove the battery and left it out for a minute or two and it didn;t work, nothing on it works except the speakerphone volume control on the side, they won;t even ask me for my pin number. thanks anyhow

Mike Temporale
01-04-2006, 01:58 PM
what exactly does the screen say? and what happens when you push a button?

Kris Kumar
01-04-2006, 02:13 PM
I just did a quick test. Enabled the lock and then took the battery out. Microsoft did implement the security really good. The phone stays locked. :-)

Could the key pad be jammed or something? Mike has a good point. What does the screen say when the keys are pressed, the left soft key and any key. And does the screen turn on etc and show the home screen?

annyksa
01-07-2006, 12:38 PM
regarding the sp5m that locked itself--i had to take it to the shop and they put a new windows on it without the antivirus and the arabic support, now it works faster, it was apparently a software gliche, if it happens again i'll be very upset since its sometimes dangerous to be without a phone!
question two, i just got the internet on my sp5m and i want to know if there is a way to see how many Mb i used so far to keep track since i'm on a monthly package of 10MB, there must be a way to see how many i used soo far???? thanks in advance , u're a wealth of information :)

Mike Temporale
01-07-2006, 02:19 PM
If you want those applications back, you'll need to register at the club imate web site, and you can download them.

In regards to tracking data use, there are a number of applications, but I haven't seen any press releases about Windows Mobile 5 versions. That doesn't mean there isn't any out there. Just that we haven't been told about it from the vendor.

I used Spd's app on my 5600.