View Full Version : SMT 5600 showing some problems

Dlogan
12-29-2005, 06:07 PM
I have thoroughly enjoyed my 5600, but lately it has started to have some problems.

1. While locking the keys by pressing the END key, the screen changes to a smear of colors, but will be normal once I release the END key. I get the results I want by locking the keys, but wonder what the heck is going on with the screen. The colors that are shown during the "smear" are the blue and white that I normally have on the screen.

2. My green dial button has become almost useless. I would say about 10% of the time it works fine. About 40% of the time I need to press down very firmly for about 3-5 seconds and then it works. But, about 50% of the time it just does not work at all. So, I have resorted to going through the menu option to actually get it to dial a number.

I've seen mentioned on here before about dust behind the screen. I don't think that's my problem because the screen looks fine. But, wonder if dust under the keys could be a problem.

Thanks, Dale

dbob
12-29-2005, 07:34 PM
I've had my share of problems and questions. Usually, I'ved received excellent answers and help from this forum and audiovox customer service: 800 229 1235.

Ask for help from the pda experts in Canada.

Also, if one rep isn't helpful, call back and try another - it's worked for me.

Not knowing what applications you use, I have one other suggestion: use the task manager to shut down unnecessary processes before locking.

:)

Mike Temporale
12-30-2005, 02:29 AM
I would say the screen smear thing sounds like an application bug of some sort. Finding the offending app could be very difficult. Have you hard reset the phone recently? It would be interesting to know if the problem still happens after that.

As for the keys, it sounds like the contact is wearing out - although, you are the first person I have heard of with this problem. Is your phone still under warranty?