View Full Version : Audio Books Software?

hotdram
12-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Preface: I tried the "search" button first.

I am interested in audio books for my SMT-5600. Is there software out there that I can purchase to be able to listen to books etc?
I read in a post that I found while searching that someone was putting audio books from the public library onto their phone (either .wma or .wav format, can't remember). Is there a place online that sells just the audiofiles for download? That would be better, just listen to them using WMP10 instead of having to have seperate s/w.

Thanks,
~Rob

armwood
12-31-2005, 02:38 AM
You may buy and listen to Audio Books on any windows mobile or desktop device as well as most mp3 players using software and audio books purchased from Audible.Com

desigrad
01-20-2006, 09:47 PM
You can contact your local county library - it is possible you can check out audiobooks using your library account - the website is netlibrary.com and many county library subscribe to it - you can check the audiobooks out for 21 days and easily download audiobooks it on your computer and/or smartphone. I can listen to the audiobooks using WMP.

Hope this helps.

Preface: I tried the "search" button first.

I am interested in audio books for my SMT-5600. Is there software out there that I can purchase to be able to listen to books etc?
I read in a post that I found while searching that someone was putting audio books from the public library onto their phone (either .wma or .wav format, can't remember). Is there a place online that sells just the audiofiles for download? That would be better, just listen to them using WMP10 instead of having to have seperate s/w.

Thanks,
~Rob

uwaku
01-28-2006, 03:52 PM
Or you could go old school: borrow an audiobook from the library, use CDex to rip the tracks into MP3s/WMAs, put 'em on an SD card, then use WMP on your phone to play them. Sure, it's complicated (!) but it's free...

encece
02-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Isn't stealing always free? :roll:

eric
02-28-2006, 03:55 PM
I am totally addicted to Audible books. Been a subscriber for several years and think it's a great value. A positive is you can take as long as you like to listen to the book--it's yours.

A MUCH BETTER VALUE!: In Colorado, many of our libraries now offer downloadable books (through Overdrive) which you can play with windows media. Other libraries also offer and the borrow period is 21 days before DRM shuts it down. For a FREE option you should check out your local library and see if it's an option.

note about Overdrive: Though Ipod's are owned by the overwhelming majority of library customers, it does not natively support the Ipod. Most books (depends on DRM) can be burned to CD and then you could load to anything or keep indefinitely.

hotdram
02-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the replies ya'll. I have several avenues to look at now :)

~Rob