View Full Version : My Life.....

encece
12-28-2005, 01:13 AM
STORY ONE:

Just before Christmas I deceide to get a new couch and loveseat since my car tore the other two apart (with no nails....dont ask me how).

I found a store that was going out of business and bought a simple leather couch and loveseat for $1600 which seemed like a pretty good deal, but because they were going out of business I needed to get them home myself.

So a couple of days later I picked them up. I rented a Pickup Truck from UHaul for two hours which should have been plenty of time.

I picked up some tables I bought somewhere else then went to pickup the couches.

There was a kid lost in the store so everyone had to stop what they were doing to find him. 1/2 hour later he was found hiding under a bed. Then they were able to get the couches to the warehouse to load me up.

UHaul called me to see where I was at as they had someone waiting for the pickup. I told them I would be 15 minutes late as there was an incident in the store.

The couches were loaded and I drove away....rushing to get back on time. They called again and I said another 15 minutes.

Then I looked out the rearview mirror and noticed the loveseat wasnt there anymore. (No, We didnt tie them down).

I noticed there was no traffic behind me so fearing there was a accident I called the police while I was making the UTurn to see where the couch was.

They stayed on the phone when I saw it on the side of the road with another car behind it, who's driver saw me and waved.

I hung up with the police telling them everything seemed okay and went to the next intersection to make the uturn. In the meantime I called UHaul and told them I would be later and they were PISSED doing everything but calling me a liar.

When I pulled up I asked the man if he or his car was hurt. he said no he was the only car behind me and was a distance back.

He then told me how the loveseat "caught air", flew up into the sky, did a couple of flips, rolled on the highway for a bit before landing feet down on the side of the road.

The loveseat which was covered in plastic and bubblewrap was structurally sound....but torn or scraped in 7 out of 8 corners. It's ruined.

I drove loaded it in the truck again and brought it home quickly (about 5 blocks away at this point) then brought the truck back....where the next renter left, and after much debate, wound up paying for another $50 rental.

I didnt get a replacement yet, but will look soon.

=======================================

STORY TWO:
My son got a basic remote helicopter for Christmas (Air Hogs). We opened it I told him that we should wait to use it in a field, but "let's go try it outside really quick!"

I placed it in the street....pulled the trigger.

It went about 30 feet in the air and immediately got stuck in a tree.

A few neighbors were outside as I stood there in embarrassment.

I went inside and got a football, which aafter about 20 throws knocked the helicopter out of the tree.....but the football got stuck up there.

So I went inside and got a Volleyball, which got stuck in the tree as well.

So I went in and got a big dodgeball type ball, and got the volleyball down. But the football was stuck. I went outside later that night and found it in the grass under the tree covered in mud. The wind must have blown it down....so all is well now.

THE END!!!???!!! YOU CANT MAKE UP THIS STUFF!

kabkbak
12-28-2005, 04:49 AM
OK cat! not (car)
:roll:
I was thinking to hard!
sorry to hear about that. Did you see the Bladerunner rc heli for indoors
works real nice and wont break anything in the house or It's self if you crash it.

encece
12-28-2005, 05:08 AM
saw that on tv. that would have been the better buy.

And yes. CAT. That was a very confusing typo.

OK cat! not (car)
:roll:
I was thinking to hard!
sorry to hear about that. Did you see the Bladerunner rc heli for indoors
works real nice and wont break anything in the house or It's self if you crash it.

Mike Temporale
12-28-2005, 05:19 AM
He then told me how the loveseat "caught air", flew up into the sky, did a couple of flips, rolled on the highway for a bit before landing feet down on the side of the road.

8O :rotfl: That's just crazy.

I went inside and got a football, which aafter about 20 throws knocked the helicopter out of the tree.....but the football got stuck up there.

:rotfl:

So I went inside and got a Volleyball, which got stuck in the tree as well.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

So I went in and got a big dodgeball type ball, and got the volleyball down. But the football was stuck.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry, but I can't stop laughing. :lol:

I hope you're bad luck is past, and it's on to bigger and better things. :D

encece
12-28-2005, 12:25 PM
Let's hope!!! :D

http://www.encece.com/shared/helicoptor.jpg

encece
12-28-2005, 12:26 PM
I know....I spelled helicoptEr wrong! :oops:

Mike Temporale
12-28-2005, 01:07 PM
:lol: :lol: Too funny!

That helicopter can really fly, eh? That's pretty high up. 8O

hotdram
12-28-2005, 01:23 PM
encece,
You are supposed to put the red and green decorations in the tree before Christmas :)

~Rob

Sven Johannsen
12-28-2005, 04:41 PM
You could sell that to Chevy Chase for a new National Lampoon movie.

encece
12-29-2005, 03:52 AM
I thought Chevy Chase died. But I was also told it would be good for Curb Your Enthusiasm.

All's well that ends well.

Kris Kumar
12-29-2005, 04:37 AM
This is on top of the Xbox fiasco. 8O

There is always the next year. There is always the next year. :)

Sorry, I couldn't help laughing, by the end I was rolling. And I even read it out loud to my wife. :lol:

When stuff like this happens to me, I am like - why me, why me! And then I see and read stuff like this and realize it is not only me, everyone gets a fair share. :)

All the best. Have a happy jolly rest of the year. And a Happy New Year.

Kris Kumar
12-29-2005, 04:38 AM
Oh! BTW..the photograph just knocked me out.... :lol: :rotfl:

encece
12-29-2005, 04:46 AM
Glad you had a laugh. I certainly did. I dont get mad at that stuff anymore. I was quiet for about 10 minutes with the couch incident, but laughed about it as soon as I knew no one behind me was hurt.

The helicopter thing was funny from the beginning. That's why I took a photo. For the memories. My son had a big laugh as well so it's all good! :)