View Full Version : My 2125 is Here!

Jerry Raia
12-23-2005, 03:00 PM
On December 21st at 3:04PM Pacific Standard Time this came to my front door:

http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/images/Jerry-Box.JPG

This isn't going to be a review. That will come later. Just a couple of teaser pictures for your enjoyment. :)
<!>
Notice the almost invisible power button. The only thing about this phone I dont get. You slide it as opposed to pushing it.The hump also is where the IR port resides.

http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/images/Jerry-Front2125.JPG

Just for fun I put it next to my old 5600.

http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/images/Jerry-Comp.JPG

You can't tell in the pictures but the screen on this phone is incredible. None of my old themes will work of course and a few programs I liked have not quite been tweaked for it yet.

Kris Kumar
12-23-2005, 03:09 PM
You got yours before mine. :cry:

But its all good. As long as we can keep Mike at bay. :lol:

Mike Temporale
12-23-2005, 03:50 PM
Wow! That's pretty interesting to see beside the 5600. So, minus the hump - are they the exact same footprint? It looks that way.

hotdram
12-23-2005, 03:56 PM
Oh my gawd, what is that thing at the top :rotfl:

~Rob

Jerry Raia
12-23-2005, 05:37 PM
You got yours before mine. :cry:

But its all good. As long as we can keep Mike at bay. :lol:

Well you had that snow problem else you would have had it first. Mike who? :lol:

are they the exact same footprint?

Yes exactly right. Now see where the speaker is? on either side of it are two little crescents. You can almost see them in the picture. The one on the left is the power light, The one on the right is the blue Bluetooth light.

Oh my gawd, what is that thing at the top

Beautiful isn't it?

Pony99CA
12-23-2005, 05:53 PM
Oh my gawd, what is that thing at the top
Beautiful isn't it?
With apologies to the Black-Eyed Peas, "My hump. My hump, my hump, my hump. My ugly IR lump."

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Steve

Jerry Raia
12-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Cruel. You people are cruel. The hump is a thing of beauty and you are all just jealous! :razzing:

robertotores
12-23-2005, 06:27 PM

~Rob

It is a mannufacturing deffect, just leftover plastic. :)

Rocco Augusto
12-23-2005, 06:30 PM
the hump looks A LOT better in person :)

Rebecca
12-23-2005, 06:37 PM

~Rob

That fugly thing is called a Hump. It is there to make the phone look smarter but uglier :silly:

hotdram
12-23-2005, 06:56 PM

~Rob

That fugly thing is called a Hump. It is there to make the phone loor smarter but uglier :silly:

LOL
BTW, I was trying to be sarcastic, I know what it is :) , and I didn't want to pay you royalties for calling it the XXXX, so I will just refer to it as "That which should not be named"

We need sarcasm tags:
~Rob

Rocco Augusto
12-23-2005, 08:11 PM
We need sarcasm tags:

as well as emoticons with humps on them :)

Jerry Raia
12-23-2005, 08:30 PM
You are all very fortunate I am a totally insensitive guy. Your jealous barbs have no affect on me whatsoever. However I am taking all my toys and going home!

Rebecca
12-24-2005, 12:17 AM

~Rob

That fugly thing is called a Hump. It is there to make the phone look smarter but uglier :silly:

LOL
BTW, I was trying to be sarcastic, I know what it is :) , and I didn't want to pay you royalties for calling it the XXXX, so I will just refer to it as "That which should not be named"

We need sarcasm tags:
~Rob

I am also being sarcastic :lol:

By the way you reminded me of the movie "The Village" with that wich can not be named.

Rebecca
12-24-2005, 12:21 AM
I just saw this:

http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/details/0,,95,00.html

Why Motorolo does not put Windows Mobile on this phone, the specs and form factor just calls for WM.
This would be an incredible machine without ugly humps.

Rebecca

Favorite phone format: Flip phone
least favorite format: Hump Phone

robertotores
12-24-2005, 12:24 AM
You are all very fortunate I am a totally insensitive guy. Your jealous barbs have no affect on me whatsoever. However I am taking all my toys and going home!

:p

Ha Ha my hump is bigger than yours

Jerry Raia
12-24-2005, 12:31 AM
Why Motorolo does not put Windows Mobile on this phone, the specs and form factor just calls for WM.
This would be an incredible machine without ugly humps.

That would be risky for Moto. I mean the thing would actually have to work right. I'm ignoring your hump comment. :P

Now before you fans start telling me how this new RAZR has 50gb of memory and a plasma tv and will turn into an airplane sit down and take a breath. It's not a Smartphone. I'll never be impressed with it.

Rocco Augusto
12-24-2005, 03:20 AM

my hump brings all the nerds to the yard. my hump, its better than yours

Pony99CA
12-24-2005, 07:35 AM
I just saw this:

http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/details/0,,95,00.html

I'd love a RAZR V3x with Windows Mobile -- if it was a CDMA phone and uncrippled by Verizon.

Steve

stumpy
12-25-2005, 12:02 AM
2125 Not on the Cingular's website anymore. :(

robertotores
12-25-2005, 01:40 AM

my hump brings all the nerds to the yard. my hump, its better than yours

The important thing is not the size of the hump, but how you use it!

ado
12-25-2005, 04:07 PM
I am thiking to get this phone. Can I get bluetooth GPS adapter and some software to get maps and voice activated directions? Heard some place that with Audiovox it is possible.

Thanks, ado

Hyer
12-26-2005, 05:26 PM
About a month ago I got my 3rd 5600 (I beat up my phones). I love the 5600, it's the best phone I've ever had. My question is, is WM5 enough better than 2003 to justify the expense? And does it offset the HUMP!

hotdram
12-26-2005, 05:48 PM
I am thiking to get this phone. Can I get bluetooth GPS adapter and some software to get maps and voice activated directions? Heard some place that with Audiovox it is possible.

Thanks, ado

I believe the phone has BT built in, I am not sure what you mean when you say "BT adapter". You can get a BT GPS that will communicate with the phone. You can also purchase mapping software to get voice activated directions, such as Mapopolis or CoPilotLive6. If you want real-time routing with voice, do not purchase Microsoft Streets and Trips (with Pocket Streets and Trips for Smartphone), because you can not auto-route or get voice directions on the Smartphone (or Pocket PC).
I would recommend a BT GPS receiver that has the SIRF III chipset in it, as acquisition time is very fast, and accuracy is very good. I use a BT Mini from SYSON and am happy with it, the unit is small and easy to get connected with the Smartphone.

~Rob

ashedge
12-26-2005, 07:23 PM
Does this support wifi?

Jerry Raia
12-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Does this support wifi?

There is no WiFi built into the 2125.

sojourner753
12-27-2005, 12:36 AM
Any idea whether this phone will receive the Microsoft Feature Pack?

Mike Temporale
12-27-2005, 02:53 AM
Any idea whether this phone will receive the Microsoft Feature Pack?

No carrier or vendor has officially stated that they will be releasing the ROM upgrade. Technically, yes. The phone does support it. Whether or not it's released is another question. :?