View Full Version : Know any T9 software for WM5 PPC Phone?

rodkar
12-22-2005, 07:55 AM
I have posted the following on PocketPCthoughts. I think it probably also has relevance here.

I bought a moboDA yesterday. Will probably do a thorough review on it later. I use a combination of Dopod 575 Smartphone + O2 mini + Dell X51V. The O2 mini is just too small to use as a phone without a keypad. For real work, I work on my Dell + Thinkoutside Bluetooth keyboard. So,I thought with this moboDA, I can do away with the 575 and O2 mini, right? Only to find out, after the purchase, that it doesn't have T9 input built-in...... how stupid can that be??? I can only use the keypad to type numeric keystrokes. Apparently, it seems only Smartphone, like my Dopod 575, has T9 built-in. I searched Handango and PocketGear and could only find one add-on, a version 2.9 of ExtendedPhone. I installed it ok. But when I soft-reset, the system said "Registry Corrupted" and couldn't load. I have emailed to the developer but still haven't heard from them. I hope the version 3 that they are working on would be compatible with mine. I don't know it it is a WM5 thing or the hardware itself. By the way, does anybody of you with WM5 PPC encounter the autoinstall.exe error when boot-up? I have been experiencing it quite frequently today.

So, has anyone come across a workable T9 on WM5 devices?

Many thanks and Merry Christmas to you all,

Regards,

Roderick

Mike Temporale
12-22-2005, 03:14 PM
I haven't seen anything. Typically T9 or iTap (for moto phones) comes burned into the ROM. That might be different on the PPC, but on the SP, we already have it installed.