View Full Version : Cingular 2125 - Signal Strength

jfreiman
12-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Well, I just got my new Cingulr 2125 in yesterday to replace my SMT5600.

I was very excited about it and am still gettinging used to the new button layout and the joystick - that might take a while... ;-)

However, I was expecting the signal reception from the 2125 to be outstanding - after all, it does have 'the hump'.

Well, instead of getting more bars where I had little to no bars, I'm actually getting less bars than before!

I had this issue once before with my SMT5600, but made a call to Cingular and they sent a download to my phone and that took care of the problem.

Now I'm getting terrible reception in my apartment and tech support does not work on Sunday! :(

If anyone else has this phone I'd like to know how other's signal strength is.

I'll be out at work today checking the signal strenth as I go and see if the strenth is better or worse than before.

-John

Mike Temporale
12-18-2005, 05:35 PM
Interesting turn of events. Let us know what you find out!

Killer Diller
12-18-2005, 10:58 PM
getting good signal here.

KD

jfreiman
12-18-2005, 11:22 PM
Ok, At home I'm getting a weak signal where my 5600 got a strong signal.

At work, I get 3-4 bars in the elevator - where before I got zero bars and lost the carrier.

Strange.

-John

Rocco Augusto
12-19-2005, 12:14 AM
i always have a weird problem like this everytime i get a new smartphone. a trick that i found that works for me is to just do a hard reset before i install everything if things are slow or reception isnt as good. for some reason a hard reset always fixes everything :)