View Full Version : SMT 5600 Problems

talinchka
12-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Hi. My SMT 5600 has begun to drain the battery extremely quickly - it drains by the end of the day whether or not I have used the phone. I recently purchased and changed the battery and it's still happening. At about the same time, my phone stopped recognizing the 1GB memory card I put in it.

Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone have any ideas? I bought my phone on Ebay, so I can't call Cingular and Audiovox thus far has been unhelpful.

Thanks.

Rocco Augusto
12-11-2005, 10:27 PM
when i first got my 5600 it was doing this. a nice hard reboot seemed to fix the problem quickly. also turning off bluetooth and making sure you go into the task manager and close all the running programs that you dont need might fix it as well. i know when you leave PocketIE or WM10 running in the background it will drain your battery fast

ppatt
10-29-2006, 06:56 PM
DO NOT configure it to check for email automatically. Any such setting by which the phone does things automatically will drain the battery very quickly. My battery life was very short when I was having it check my email.

The bluetooth suggestion was also right on. Hope this helps.

Mike Temporale
10-30-2006, 04:18 PM
DO NOT configure it to check for email automatically. Any such setting by which the phone does things automatically will drain the battery very quickly. My battery life was very short when I was having it check my email.

The bluetooth suggestion was also right on. Hope this helps.

I had my 5600 set to check email once every hour and the battery still lasted for days. Just remember that batteries don't last as long as the device. You might need to get a replacement at some point.