View Full Version : Backlight timeout for numeric keypad (SMT5600)?

Donny Bahama
12-09-2005, 01:31 AM
For me, the backlighting for the numeric keypad shuts off too quickly. I'm sure there must be a reg key for this, but I haven't seen it in any of the tweaking utils.

Can anyone help me with this?

Kris Kumar
12-09-2005, 01:41 AM
I haven't tweaked it but I believe it is somewhere under...
HKey_Local_Machine/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Power/ActivityTimers

I will have to check my Smartphone. :-(

Donny Bahama
12-09-2005, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the response. Just had a look - WOW! LOTS of stuff in there - but unfortunately, nothing obvious. Maybe later I'll search MSDN for the various cryptic keys and see what I can dig up.

I need a registry reference!

Kris Kumar
12-09-2005, 02:40 AM

If you find it, don't forget to publish it here. ;-)

I agree, it might be a good idea to search for the above registry keys on MSDN.

Mike Temporale
12-09-2005, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the response. Just had a look - WOW! LOTS of stuff in there - but unfortunately, nothing obvious. Maybe later I'll search MSDN for the various cryptic keys and see what I can dig up.

You won't find anything in MSDN for Windows Mobile.

As for your question, I'm not aware of anyway to do it. Hopefully one of the settings Kris listed will help out. :?

Donny Bahama
12-09-2005, 04:41 PM
You won't find anything in MSDN for Windows Mobile.http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/windowsmobile

Mike Temporale
12-10-2005, 02:37 AM
You won't find anything in MSDN for Windows Mobile.http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/windowsmobile

Right. I should be more specific. That's all developer focused. What I meant, was that you won't find any knowledge base articles on average user issues like how to blah, why does blah do blah, etc.

:D

tphoenixsmr
01-16-2006, 01:45 PM
I too find those keys go out too fast. in a dark room you are then blind. same goes for unlocking the device. I think they have the keys unlit until you get unlocked. if you take the thing to bed with you (it's the only phone i have - no jokes please :) ) and i get a brilliant thought that i want to record as a voice note; I don't want to turn on the room light just to catch the note.