View Full Version : I H.A.T.E. Motorola!

Kris Kumar
11-26-2005, 11:18 PM
I think we need a forum called "Just Ranting".

I decided to pull out the Motorola MPx220 from the deep freeze. Decided that I will load the latest ROM on it and present it to my wife. Who is finally showing willingness to accepts gadgets. :-)

But guess what. I go to HelloMoto.com, try look up the MPx220. It is not there. Do a search. It shows a link, but I cannot browse to that link.

I am stuck. With the Moto BUGY aka the MPx220! :twisted:

Kris

Rocco Augusto
11-27-2005, 01:02 AM
I think we need a forum called "Just Ranting".

I decided to pull out the Motorola MPx220 from the deep freeze. Decided that I will load the latest ROM on it and present it to my wife. Who is finally showing willingness to accepts gadgets. :-)

But guess what. I go to HelloMoto.com, try look up the MPx220. It is not there. Do a search. It shows a link, but I cannot browse to that link.

Kris

you should be able to find the latest official ROM

[Mod - removed link - MT]

Kris Kumar
11-27-2005, 04:13 AM
Thanks..

I just wanted to let the steam out. ;-)

Mike Temporale
11-27-2005, 05:04 AM
Sorry optikalsaint, I had to remove that link. I think it's safe to say that those are not "official" ROMs and we don't like to link to illegal warez. :wink:

Mike Temporale
11-27-2005, 05:08 AM

I don't know why Moto feels the need to change the availability of the latest ROM image? It seems foolish to me, but for some reason they like to pull it down every now and then. :evil:

On a side note, my wife has taken an interest in my old 5600, so I loaded it up with all her contacts and whatnot. So, what's she do today? Dropped it as she got out of the car and scratched the casing. :cry: I took such good care of that phone, and within a week of use by my wife it's in the scratch and dent bin. :?

Kris Kumar
11-27-2005, 05:17 AM
.. So, what's she do today? Dropped it as she got out of the car and scratched the casing. :cry: I took such good care of that phone, and within a week of use by my wife it's in the scratch and dent bin. :?

I am concerned about the same thing. :(

I never even used the MPx220. It is in mint condition.

Meanwhile for what it's worth, I have sent an E-Mail to Moto support. Let's see what their response is. I didn't have much luck a year ago. This problem gives me an opportunity to test them again. ;-) Since I am not in any kind of hurry, plus it gives my MPx220 few more days of rest and scratch protection. ;-)

Jerry Raia
11-27-2005, 07:28 PM
I have sent an E-Mail to Moto support. Let's see what their response is.

:rotfl:

Rocco Augusto
11-27-2005, 08:23 PM
Sorry optikalsaint, I had to remove that link. I think it's safe to say that those are not "official" ROMs and we don't like to link to illegal warez. :wink:

my bad :oops:

does moto still offer the downloadable software update tool on their site? i remember back when i first got my 220 i downloaded some program that would let me connect to the moto servers and download rom updates and install them on my phone.

even when they weren't offering the rom on their site and it said it was offline i was still able to download it using that tool. thats how i was able to get the 1.43 cingular rom before it was released. very handy but im at work and cant check to see if they still offer it for you :(

Kris Kumar
11-27-2005, 09:14 PM
From the looks of it. They are in the middle of a revamp on the site for firmware downloads. So nothing is available. It just says "Coming Soon".

Kris Kumar
11-27-2005, 09:20 PM
even when they weren't offering the rom on their site and it said it was offline i was still able to download it using that tool.

Cool tip. I usually keep copies of the stuff I download. But with the MPx220. I bought it. And then got the SP3i. Fell in love with it. And the MPx220 just disappeared.

Right now working on a home screen with Hello Kitty. (http://www.airfagev.com/skins1.asp?id=2) Trying to tweak it. So that my wife can use the Smartphone.

The current (older) version 1.30 seems stable. I wonder what the 1.43 has to offer. :? Hopefully on Monday I will get a reply from Moto. (Jerry, don't laugh.)

Want to hear another interesting thing. I never had this problem. But everytime my wife grips the phone, she holds it where the volume keys are. And it activates the Voice Recognition. Have to disable that now. :-(

Jerry Raia
11-27-2005, 09:46 PM
(Jerry, don't laugh.)

Ok I'll stop......

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry I can't!

Rocco Augusto
11-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Right now working on a home screen with Hello Kitty. (http://www.airfagev.com/skins1.asp?id=2) Trying to tweak it. So that my wife can use the Smartphone.....

Want to hear another interesting thing. I never had this problem. But everytime my wife grips the phone, she holds it where the volume keys are. And it activates the Voice Recognition. Have to disable that now. :-(

haha, i have a hello kitty home screen for my girlfriend too :lol: