View Full Version : Bluespoon AX2 Rattling problem

Rebecca
11-26-2005, 12:57 PM
Hi guys!

I just purchased a Bluespoon AX2 in Radioshack and have the following problem:

The talk button seems loose and rattles like maracas when the headset is moved. I thought that this problem was only common on the first AX and not on the AX2.

Does anyone has this same problem with their AX2?

Thanks

Mike Temporale
11-26-2005, 01:29 PM
I have that problem with my AX, but it's not actually the talk button that rattles. It's a little piece of insulator on the inside. I took mine apart and crazy glued it in place. No more rattle. ;)

Are you sure you have a AX2? Maybe it's an AX in the AX2 box. I think the AX2 is labeled as such on the backend of the device.

Rebecca
11-26-2005, 04:29 PM
It is labeled AX2 in the back.

ARW
11-26-2005, 06:54 PM
Other than the rattle what's the verdict on the AX2? I'm thinking about picking one up soon so would appreciate your thoughts.

Rebecca
11-26-2005, 11:18 PM
I am angry :x

I exchanged my AX2 in another Radio Shack store and it also has the extremely loose talk button.

also on these sets the reception has been horrible; if I have the phone in my belt or pocket and put my arm on top static is heard.

I think all the AX2 at Radio Shack are defective.

Rebecca
11-27-2005, 02:40 PM
I have that problem with my AX, but it's not actually the talk button that rattles. It's a little piece of insulator on the inside. I took mine apart and crazy glued it in place. No more rattle. ;)

Are you sure you have a AX2? Maybe it's an AX in the AX2 box. I think the AX2 is labeled as such on the backend of the device.

How did you took it apart? I have been unable to open mine.

Mike Temporale
11-28-2005, 02:09 AM
How did you took it apart? I have been unable to open mine.

Very very gently. :mrgreen: ;) I would have to take a look at it again. I'll try and post more details later tonight or Monday. Please, remind me if you don't see a reply to this over the next 24 hours. :)

Rebecca
11-28-2005, 04:39 PM
Thanks Mike!

Today I received a reply from NExtlink. They say that the problem is the phone (SMT 5600) has bad bluethoot range.

Curious because many people on the net have used this same phone with the headset and it has worked well.

I only get 2 feet of static free range, this is not normal.

Jerry Raia
11-29-2005, 01:17 AM
They say that the problem is the phone (SMT 5600) has bad bluethoot range.

That is total baloney. I have a 5600, with my Jabra 250v I can be 10 feet away, no rattle. They are spewing gas.

Rebecca
11-29-2005, 02:07 AM
Does anyone knows of a place where I can purchase this headset in the US?

Besides RadioCrap I have not been able to find another seller neither local nor online.

Mike Temporale
11-29-2005, 02:37 AM
I got mine off ebay - if that helps, and it's just a plain AX.

I notice that I get about 3 feet before it starts to breakup. I know it's a problem with their earpiece, since I can sync over bluetooth and use my stowaway keyboard at much greater distances.

Rebecca
11-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Any recommendation for another bluethoot headset?

I would like something small but that works, the smaller the better.

Also Mike, what about those dissasambley instructions?

And by the way, I just posted my first Pool, I hope you guys like it :wink: :

http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9746

ARW
12-02-2005, 05:35 AM
Just picked up an AX2. It's got the rattle, though I don't know if that would bother me much.

I do have a show stopper issue however. I've only used it a half dozen times or so and after working fine the first time or two it's stopped interacting correctly with my SP5m. To get it to work properly I've had to reboot both the phone and the headet, it'll then work a bit before losing the ability to interact, for lack of a better way to describe it.

I'll give it another try tomorrow, but it looks like it's going back to Radio Shack. Too bad, I love the size and ear fit.

Anybody tried the Logitech Mobile Traveller?

ARW
12-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Not sure what was going on when I last posted about the AX2 that I purchased, but it's been working great since then, so I've decided to keep it. It definitely has the rattle, but when I'm wearing it I don't notice it.

I would however love to hear about the operation to open it and secure the loose component.

Mike Temporale
12-06-2005, 11:02 PM
I would however love to hear about the operation to open it and secure the loose component.

:oops: Ya.. That's me! I'm away on business right now. I don't know how much free time I'll have to do this. I will try and get it done by the end of the coming weekend.